We made it! No matter if we reached all our goals or came up lacking, we are not quitters, and we have stamina!
I have really enjoyed this challenge. I have been in other challenges, and have always succeeded to some extent, but this one was different. I don't know why, unless it was that we had more strict rules about posting updates weekly and certain topics to report on each week, and the moral support from the sponsors was excellent. I know it took a lot of Mir and Angela's time to sponsor this, and I am very grateful.
What did I learn from you or about myself? From most of you, I got that weight loss is not something you can rush. We each have our own body with our own metabolism, and are putting different foods into it, and are doing different exercise, or no exercise, to change it. I also got that weight loss and health are something most of you work at on a daily basis. Of course there are days where other life issues put it in the back seat, but it's always there.
About myself, I learned that I do not have to journal each and every calorie any more. I did that for 2 years and now I pretty well know how much and what kind of foods I can eat to stay around my target. I also learned that I can handle stress without eating. I have more trouble handling boredom without eating. I also learned that weight loss or maintenance is much easier when you move your body. Well, I guess I already knew that, but the point was driven home more clearly during this challenge. And I learned that certain behaviors become habits when practised over and over: hydration, veggies every day, less caffeine and sugar...and on and on.
I have some goals in mind for 2012, but I haven't listed them yet. I have the goals but not the path to reach them. I will be working on them in the next few days and share them with you.
What did I learn from you or about myself? From most of you, I got that weight loss is not something you can rush. We each have our own body with our own metabolism, and are putting different foods into it, and are doing different exercise, or no exercise, to change it. I also got that weight loss and health are something most of you work at on a daily basis. Of course there are days where other life issues put it in the back seat, but it's always there.
About myself, I learned that I do not have to journal each and every calorie any more. I did that for 2 years and now I pretty well know how much and what kind of foods I can eat to stay around my target. I also learned that I can handle stress without eating. I have more trouble handling boredom without eating. I also learned that weight loss or maintenance is much easier when you move your body. Well, I guess I already knew that, but the point was driven home more clearly during this challenge. And I learned that certain behaviors become habits when practised over and over: hydration, veggies every day, less caffeine and sugar...and on and on.
I have some goals in mind for 2012, but I haven't listed them yet. I have the goals but not the path to reach them. I will be working on them in the next few days and share them with you.
Here is my final update:
Weight today: 137.6
Weight at beginning of challenge: 138.4
My goal was to maintain, and I have done it for three months! Every week of maintaining is a week closer to not being a yo-yo dieter. Yay!
Dress: Here it is!
This is the dress.
This is me in the dress, taken today.
I had to take the picture myself with the timer, and it's not the best, but you get the point.
Daily calories: My goal is 1200 per day. This week I did not track every day, but must have been around 1200, since my weight stayed pretty much the same.
Exercise: I exercised 3 out of 7 days this week. Not good. However, I do have a very active lifestyle. I never just sit on the couch and do nothing. Never. I enjoy gardening: mowing, raking, weeding, etc. I am active around the house. I enjoy walking the dog outside. I enjoy doing things for others. It seems I am always on the move. So just because I don't have "dedicated exercise time" every week, it doesn't mean I am not active.
Hydration: A couple of days were lacking. But then I got back on the wagon and for the past 4 days have gotten all my water in. And I certainly can tell that it makes me feel so much better.
Reading: This week's reading for health purposes has been minimal, but with other obligations ending in a few days, I certainly do plan to get back to it. I do love to learn new health facts and learning of the most recent studies and findings, so I will never put the books down.
Supporting others: I have been around to most of you this week. And thanks for your encouragement for me. It means a lot to me.
Quitting: I am still here. I am not a quitter. I will never quit, even if I fall off the face of Blogville, I will never quit!
Thanks to you all for your kind words, support, encouragement, and the occasional kicks to the butt. I hope we can all be together for another challenge in 2012 ... and beyond!
Thanks to you all for your kind words, support, encouragement, and the occasional kicks to the butt. I hope we can all be together for another challenge in 2012 ... and beyond!


18 comments:
Look at you girl!!! I love that dress, and you rock it!!! Thankyou for all the encouragement thru out this challenge. It is so good to see you maintain, and know its possible! And its also good to see that yes, it is a lifestyle change. We cant go back to the 'old ways' when we hit goal!!! Great work!!
You look great in your drew and you did great!
You have done great, Jo. Congratulations on your maintenance. I am looking forward to the next challenge with Princess.
YOU ARE KILLING IT IN THAT DRESS!!!! Yay!!!
Maintenance, as many have learned, is tough. You're doing it. And you look great. (And you know how I love black lace!)
Yes, we don't wanna yo-yo. Bad for health, bad for self-esteem, bad for skin, etc. I wish I'd never gotten huge--I have nice skin, and I ruined it. The saggy jowls, ugh. I wouldn't have them had I not gotten obese. I'd be a youthful 51, had I taken care....well, I don't' look awful for 51, but I've done damage. Now, to not regain and do more, right?
Let's keep at it. Never quit. And rock the black lace!!!!!
The dress is beautiful and you look great in it. Good job on this challenge. :)
With your life being somewhat up in the air with your brother, I think it is great that you have been able to maintain. That's the hardest part of this whole process! Merry Christmas.
BEAUTIFUL!!! That is you in that dress. You did amazing. YEAH!!!
I am very proud of you for so many reason. You are awesome.
Take care and keep up the great work. Blessings!!
Wow! That picture tells a thousand stories. Very, very nice. I know you wanted to maintain. You did just that. Thank-you so much for all your support and encouragement to me, too, in my two Merry Christmas and here is to a healthy 2012! Michele
Wow, after all this time, I am so happy to finally see a picture of you. And what a picture it is! That is gorgeous and so are you!
You've done such a great job with your commitment to this and other challenges. It is an encouragement to me!
Dannnnnng, looking HOT in that dress! You've done an awesome job, Jo. Thanks for all of your positive and encouraging posts!
You are looking great and with all that happened you can be proud of yourself for not using food as comfort. While it will be a daily struggle you are on your way to new habit patterns. Hope your brother continues to improve and have a good holiday season.
You took sexy to a new level lol for real you look amazing in the dress. Good job on you loss you did great and I know you will continue to do so.
Looking awesome! I only hope I can be as successful as you've been!!
That dress looks great on you! I'm glad to finally see a picture of you. You are a great example to show us that consistency works if we stick with it. Best wishes, hopefully we'll be doing another challenge together soon!
That dress looks great. I'm so happy for you that you were able to maintain with the stuff going on on your life.
Jo, can you add the gadge that lets me follow by e-mail? I don't want to miss a single post and with life the way it is right now I don't always get here when I want to check in.
Next challenge starting soon. I'm ready and I bet you're ready to rock this one just like you did the last one. Good luck!!
Take care and have a blessed evening.
Please consider joining my challenge. None of the focuses are deal breakers. You bring so much to the group.
Oh, Jo! The dress is absolutely beautiful. You've managed to maintain and lose, even with the incredible events going on in your life.
I'm looking forward to the next challenge, and continue to pray for your brother's recovery.
Post a Comment