Monday, June 8, 2015

Hello

I am ashamed that I have not posted since January.
 
I am ashamed that I do not at least keep up with reading your posts on a regular basis, and leaving encouraging comments.
 
I am pissed that I have let my weight creep back up to 150.  So that's why I'm back.  Nothing happened except I have taken a few weekend trips with friends and have had some yummy meals.  Home cooked and restaurant cooked.  And grilled by the lake!  There's nothing better than a cocktail cruise with some chips and dip, then come back for grilled ribs or steak.  Always dessert.  Blackberry cobbler, banana pudding, chocolate mousse.
 
Also, my psychologist tells me to get out with friends when I'm invited.  So when someone says meet me for lunch or dinner, I try to go.  And why should I eat carrot sticks at a restaurant? 
 
You get the idea. 
 
Oh, and I fell and fractured my tailbone a couple of weeks ago.  What is the cure for that?  Rest and time. 
 
So if I can't sit, I can certainly walk. 
 
My first plan of action is to do some planned walking every day.  Not just to the stop sign and back.  A friend here says walking from the condo to the gate and back is 0.8 mile.  I can take the circle to the marina and the houses and it should be around 3 miles.  So that will be my goal every day.
 
By the way, has anyone had success with the FitBit?  I was on the verge of getting one 2 years ago but then my life changed and I forgot about it.  I'm considering it again.
 
Next I need to make an eating plan.  I know what worked before, but it was boring.  1000 - 1200 calories per day, write it down, make the most of my calories, carry my own food.  It's just a matter of getting focused.
 
So, I'm open for suggestions.  I still have all my diet books, and should pick one for motivation and to remind me of my health.
 
There is another weekend trip planned for the last of June.  My goal is to be entrenched in my plan by then and to keep up with my walking while I am away.
 
I hope all my old friends are still around and are still mindful of their health plans.  Please tell me what is working or not working for you now.
 
I have missed you.
 
 

10 comments:

Sarah G said...

Welcome back!!

Karla said...

so glad to see you back

donnamacd said...

SO glad to hear from you! Sorry about your owee - can't imagine how painful that is. I'm battling squashed nerves in my spine at the moment, and waiting for the orthopedic guy and the neurosurgeon to agree on a date to correct it. In the meantime I'm in "Poor me" mode and stuffing cr*p in my pie-hole. I know HOW to correct that, but not doing so, yet. I'll do the same thing you're doing - will pick one of the myriad diet/healthy-eating books I have and stumble forth...
Thanks for writing, Jo - you've been missed!

Julie said...

Hey you, boy was it great to see you in my mail this morning.
I have been very slack at doing and visiting too but I do have to tell you I think about you often. I wonder and hope things are good.
I am of no help in the diet front. I have gained all I lost and am having troubles just maintaining keeping any more from creeping on. Since my sister passed away and my daddy with his alzhemiers and my mama had a stroke plus extra hours to pay bills for two households and ............. to many excuses but just not enough time and will power to do to much about it. I have set a couple of goals for the summer, like you lots of walking and with my summer job that's not to hard to do. Busing isn't good for the movement so school time is hard but summer I work a mini golf place so lots and lots of walking there. And no candy. We serve frozen yogurt with all the trimmings so it's my goal to not have any of it. Packing my lunch or supper is the last one. Going hungry makes for eating everything in sight so I'm working on that.
I just wrote you a book for a comment, sorry Jo. See I did miss you and seeing how your doing and sharing. :)
Good luck with however you chose to follow the healthy living path. I know you can do it. Keep posting and we'll keep checking up on you.
Blessings!!!

Kyra said...

I have a FitBit One, and I just tried a Misfit Shine. The Shine is a piece of junk. The Fitbit was great (my husband has it now.) Not only was the Fitbit equipment itself good and accurate, when I LOST my first one - totally my own fault - Fitbit actually replaced it for free. I was shocked. So, it's a good product and a good company.

I did something to my tailbone when I was a teenager, and it hurt for about 18 months. Walking was fine, it was the sitting or getting up and down, really that was so bad. I hope that heals quickly!

AllysonB said...

Hi Jo, new to your blog. I wish I DID know what works anymore. Lost 70 pounds a long time ago, and ever since menopause have regained 20. I cannot seem to get a handle on it anymore. no matter what. UGH! Look forward to reading your blog now. Take care.

Sharon said...

Jo, thank you so much for your comment on my post. I have thought about you so many times and knew you would be a kindred spirit. I hope you will get back in the habit of blogging regularly. I'm hoping to do the same - I have the words in my head. Sometimes, it's still just hard to sit down and start.

Christine said...

Leave shame in the trash bin...glad to read you...have fun with the walking! Hugs!

Angela Pea said...

Jo!! Oh I'm so happy to hear from you! I'll echo what Christine said - leave shame in the trash bin!

Walking around the lake sounds like a marvelous plan. And YES to the Fitbit! I had a Fitbit Zip for many, many years (5? 6?) It finally died and I replaced it with the Flex. I hesitate to admit it, but yes, I'm motivated by teeny tiny blinking lights.

I think of you often, and continue to pray for your happiness and good health!

Angela Pea

MaryFran said...

Welcome back!!!!! I've also slipped and looking for motivation so hopefully we will find it together!!!!