Sunday, January 13, 2013

Another Update

I haven't posted because the words won't come.
Thank you for all the words of condolence you have expressed.  Although we have never met, I do consider you friends and family of a sort.  Your encouragement is helping me through the most difficult event in my life.

Although it is difficuclt to just put one foot in front of the other, life must go on, and I am trying to return to my healthy habits. 

My weight is 140.  The lowest I have been for the past 3 months is just over 138.  I am trying to eat one decent meal per day, but some days I just get by.  I am trying to remember to take my vitamins and drink enough water.  There is a new gym being constructed here and will be opening in March or April.  I am considering joining up. 

The law office where I previously worked for four years has asked me to come back.  They have offered to be very flexible with my hours and grief process.  I have not made a decision yet.  I do know I need a focus; however, the work must be accurate and I am not sure I can put my thoughts together to do the job properly. 

That's it for now, just a quick check-in.

17 comments:

Christine said...

oh my Gosh Jo. I just read your last post. I am so sorry about your husband. I can't imagine what you are feeling. Hugs to you. One day at a time...I am sorry. I don't know what to say really. I hope to come here and read about your husband in the future when you feel up to sharing stories about him.

downsizers said...

I think it is a good sign that you are leaning toward joining the gym and taking that job. I think both are good ideas and will provide the diversion that you need. Being around others will be therapeutic and I encourage you to do both of these things. Thanks for checking in. I have prayed for you and think about you often. Take care.

Michele said...

Thank-you, Jo, for giving us a quick update. Although I have never met you, you are in my thoughts every day. The new gym and possible return to work may lighten your load for a bit each day. It is also okay if neither of those are options you decide to take.

Maybe as time goes on you will use blogging to share and process some, too.

Caron said...

It's nice to hear from you so we know you're getting by OK. I believe the distraction a job might be good during a rough patch, but I can see your hesitation because of the type of job. Take care and do check in with us again soon. :)

Julie said...

Jo, I couldn't even imagine trying to put my life back together without Jim, so girl you just take your time and do what you must to just fine peace of mind and a niche for you. I am sure it'll come, though I truly couldn't begin to understand. Trust in the Lord and rest on his shoulders and remember we're here to when you can. The prayers are here always.
Take care and blessings my friend!

AlmostGastricBypass said...

Wish there were words, or a way to help. Just say it... Peace

Kyra said...

Take care of yourself, Jo. I'm glad you checked in!

Angela Pea said...

Hi Jo!

My heart still aches for you. I wish I could ease your burden.

Work? That could be interesting. At the very least, it is, as you say, a focus for the brain cells. Once you get going, the accuracy will return.

Just hold on, my friend, hold on.

Anonymous said...

Jo, thanks for checking in. I can only imagine the time and the mental effort it must take to get over the loss of your spouse. Taking the time you need, and using it as you wish, to grieve and get to a point of moving onward with your life is just what you should do. Oh how I wish I could tell you how to make it easy or painless, but I cannot.

I hope you do know that are doing just that, moving onward, as your life has many days to live yet. And no doubt everyone that loves you hopes you live them as happy and as fully as you possibly can.

Sharon said...

Oh Jo, I am so glad to hear from you. Have wanted to send more messages, but didn't want to be obnxious about it. Please know you remain in my thoughts often and thanks so much for the update.

MaryFran said...

It sounds like you are doing just what you need to be doing. Trying to figure out how to live again. Take your time....hugs to you!

Karla said...

I have been so worried about you!!! ((((((((hugs))))))))
You are in my thoughts

Beth said...

Thanks for checking in, I have been thinking about you. Sounds like a difficult decision, praying for you to find peace as you consider your options. May you find strength as you navigate this difficult time.

Sandi said...

I am very sorry about the loss of your husband of 29 years. I am grieving the loss of my mom. She was 90 so I had her in my life for 57 years. She has been gone for 11 days so I am new to the grieving process. I feel the depression starting to want to settle in. The last 10 days have been a whirlwind as we all gathered from out of state, go through the funeral and now help to get some things cleaned out of her house. I have had the pleasure of spending some of the last few days babysitting our grandson who is 16 months old. That has helped. Tomorrow is a 12 hour drive back to where we live and work starts again later in the week. I am pushing myself through the minutes each day.

I am excited for you to have the opportunity to work back in the firm you were with before with flexible hours. You are very blessed to have that offer come in to your life.

I will follow your blog to continue to encourage you as you start on this new path in life.

Angela Pea said...

Hi Jo!

Just checking on you - I hope you are okay, and that the pain is beginning to ease.

Big Hugs!

Karla said...

I keep checking your blog to see if you have posted. I hope you are doing okay. I know we have never met face to face but... you are in my thoughts. I can't even imagine what you are going through.... just know that you are surrounded by people that only want the best for you and even strangers (like myself) that are rooting for you

(((((hugs)))))

email me if you need to talk ....

iamkarlam@yahoo.com

Julie said...

Hey Jo. Just checking in on you. You don't have to post, you don't have to do whatever you don't want to for now, just take care of you. Just now I am praying for you and hoping you will be okay. Blessings!