Friday, March 11, 2011

Medical Tests, Off Schedule, and Grumpy

According to Allan, I have lost 26.60% of my body weight since joining the Challenge.  I don't really care if its fat or muscle.  I am working on building back some muscle, so that will all take care of itself in time.

Which brings me to this.  Yesterday was my annual mammogram.  The technician had a little trouble finding enough muscle in the arm pit area to get a good image.  Funny.  I told her I had lost over 30 lbs since my last mammogram, so that could be the reason the muscle was missing.  So now I will be anxious over the results of the mammogram until I am notified, hopefully, that everything is as it should be.  This will be in a week or so.  Anxiety is due to my mother dying of breast cancer at age 42.  I am not crazy-anxious, you understand, just cautious-anxious.

I have been on the road for 3 days this week, and last night I was exhausted and in a foul mood.  I don't do well without my rest.  Tuesday it was just errand day in a town 20 miles away.  That is the nearest WalMart, where I needed a few groceries and pet food.  Also a trip to Staples to send a package, and use a $50 coupon expiring at the end of this month.  Lunch was at a Chinese buffet, which was too much salt and MSG, but not a full plate and no seconds, along with good choices.  Wednesday was to the doctor with Husband to verify that it's time to have surgery for his hernia, and to have his back examined to be sure his pain is muscular (from moving a piece of furniture a couple of weeks ago).  That clinic is a 1 hour drive.  He is in a lot of pain and has been in the recliner with the heating pad for days and taking Advil.  It is slowly improving, and some days are better than others.  The hernia is bothering him more now, where the doc punched around on his belly.  Lunch that day was a slice of cheese and 5 saltines, followed by tuna salad and 4 saltines when I got home.  Then as mentioned above, Thursday was my medical test, and I did get some pleasure shopping time in.  But it was a 2 hour drive to the clinic, one way, and there was too much road time and away from home and routine.  Thus the mental and physical exhaustion last night.  I did sleep well last night and am trying to get back to myself today.  I do feel better.

Being off schedule extends to food choices and water intake.  For the past 3 days I have tried to catch up on my water late in the day and it doesn't work as well.  I feel better to get started hydrating early in the day and steadily continuing throughout the day.  But sometimes life gets in the way and plans change.  That is fine, and I just change, too.  Then it's so nice to get back on schedule.

I am going to start right now to get back on my normal food, water, and exercise schedule.  I haven't gained any real weight this week, and I hope by Sunday's weigh-in the salt and MSG and whatever else I have ingested will be out of my system.  I know I am hungry for some healthy protein today.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Saturday we are having gardening weather, so I hope to pull some weeds and spiff up a couple of flower beds.  Oh, and don't forget to Spring Forward!


No comments: