Yesterday was a roller coaster ride.
I sat in on a meeting with a friend and attorney regarding the domestic/pending divorce situation I have mentioned before. It went well, but it was so mentally tiring. It is still a very volatile situation.
I got my monthly B12 injection. I can't tell that this is making any difference in how I feel, more or less energy, more or less appetite, more or less tired, more or less sad. B12 deficiency symptoms include tiredness, irritability, difficulty concentrating, difficulty remembering things, and in extreme cases, psychosis or depression. One of the major benefits is that it's important for the production of red blood cells, which controls anemia. B12 occurs naturally in eggs, meat and milk. I do need to do more research about this, and will get another blood test in May to see what my level is after taking these injections.
Then I visited for a good while with my friend who has lymphoma that has spread to her brain. She has undergone several rounds of chemotherapy, 12 treatments in all, and there is still one nasty tumor that will not shrink. The next option is full brain radiation. She will see her oncologist next week and decide whether to take this route. We discussed funerals and cremation very candidly. I am glad we can share this at this time.
I had lunch with this friend and another lady we used to work with. We went to a mexican buffet. Don't worry, I was very selective, didn't go back for seconds, and left at least 1/3 of the food on my plate. I wasn't very hungry, so overeating was not a problem at all.
Then, to add more stress to the day, more family drama. I finally asked the person not to call me in the evenings because it upsets me to the point of losing sleep. I said I was available for urgent matters, of course, but could not take the stress of this almost daily listening to problems and situations where I cannot be of any help.
So all in all it was a stressful day emotionally, but a good one in some ways, too. Every day is not a walk in the park, as they say.
So as for weight loss, Onward and Downward!
Thank you for reading.
2 comments:
Hey Jo, I've had the hardest time getting you to show up in my reader since you changed your blog title. I've been relying on my memory (that's a scary thought!! LOL!) to check for new posts and can see I've gotten behind. I think I've FINALLY got it fixed. Let's hope so. I see lots has been going on in your life, both good and bad. You must be a very good listener! Hopefully I can now keep in touch as you post. Take care, Sharon
I'm so sorry about all of this stress you have to deal with :(
I am so impressed that you are able to stick with your plan and continue to lose. You are an inspiration, and should be so very proud of yourself :)
Post a Comment