Saturday, September 17, 2011

Update

First, I would like to thank all of you who left a comment after my last post about my brother's accident.  I have many friends, and a few good ones, but your kind words filled a different niche in my sadness, and I am grateful for each and every one of you.  Thank you so much for the prayers and good vibes you sent to my brother and me.

He is still in the trauma unit and we have had a roller coaster week.  He developed some complications and was downgraded from stable to critical but stable, but today is better and improving.  This can change at any moment, but we are thankful to see him move in a positive direction.  There is some paralysis, but they are hoping that with time passing and rehab, it will get better. 

The outlook is grim for him functioning and living alone for quite awhile, but I pray that with good rehab results, he will be able to live a satisfying life. 

My brother has no children and an ex-wife who can't decide if she wants to be in the picture or not, so there are other issues, but we are taking it one day at a time.  I am thankful that he has excellent insurance and can get the medical care he will need.

Again, thank you for your kind wishes.  They mean the world to me.  Please continue to pray for us and send the good vibes.

I will be away from Blogville most of the time, but am reading recent posts as I can.  I am not disappearing.

2 comments:

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Thanks for the update. May God touch your brother with special healing, and you with the grace to handle all this. Hugs, sweets...

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Jo, I'm sorry I wasn't here to know about this and send my prayers your way. I'm praying now and hoping your brother steadily improves. I will continue to pray for both of you. Hang in there and keep the faith. Hugs.