Sunday, October 2, 2011

Christmas Dress Countdown Week 3

A good week considering all the goings on in my life.

Quick update on my brother's status:  We learned late Friday that he has pneumonia.  This is a complication of spinal cord injury, so it was not unexpected.  I was at the hospital with him all day today and he is better.  He had asthma before the accident, and will probably always have respiratory problems from time to time.  He is still in the trauma unit, but in a private room now, and not in the areas with the critical patients.  This has helped him rest better and not be so confused.  He still cannot swallow, so feeding tube continues.  He is not out of the woods by any means.  Please continue your prayers, good vibes, and healing wishes for him.
Dress:  Still looking for it.  I want black or black lace.  Something I can wear forever and not look dated.

Weight: 135.0  I am away from home and weighing on a scale that I am not familiar with, so I do not know if it is correct.  If it is, this is what I want to weigh, and am most comfortable here.

Calories:  Some days were estimated, but I know I stayed around 1200 average daily.  I really worked at the veggies this week.  I had salads 3 days.  Yesterday I bought fresh broccoli, apples, and a head of romaine.  Plus, the turnip greens are coming in now, and I love them.  My sweet aunt cooked for me one night and had turnip greens and mashed sweet potatoes with raisins.  She is trying to keep me well-nourished.

Exercise:  Again, walking the hospital halls and parking lot.  The hospital cafe is a looooong way from the elevators we use.  Round trip is probably close to a mile. 

Hydration:  This is a habit.  Done.

Reading:  I am progressing through Refuse to Regain.  (However, I have read it before, so it's really a refresher.)

Support:  Only fair on my end.  My goal for just one week is to get around to everyone - reading and commenting.  I appreciate the kind comments and support you have given me this week.  You are helping me through some very dark days and I am very grateful.

I will not quit!  Not after coming this far.  No way!

The wedding in which I am matron of honor is next weekend.  It will be a day of new beginnings and I am going to be positive and celebratory for the new husband and wife just starting their life together.  They have so much going for them and have looked forward to this day for a long time.  It will be two days of good food and drinks for me, so another challenge of willpower.  I know I can do it.  I know I can do it.  I know I can do it...

I hope everyone has a great week!

 

10 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad there's some good news on your brother. 135, that's wonderful and you said where you want to be. You are doing so great with such a hard life right now. Just take care and have a blessed week.

Julie said...

Number 2. I can't comment on your blog. I hate that because I want you to know I'm thinking about you and prauing for you and your family. 135 is awesome Jo. You have done so great and with life so difficult.
Take care and God Bless!!

"KT" said...

You are doing so amazing. Still praying for your family, and hope you have a wonderful time at the wedding and enjoy yourself (while staying strong). :)

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your brother. You sound like you're doing great with your food! I always pig out on the cafeteria food when I have to spend time in hospitals. Good for you staying healthy.

Denise said...

It sounds like you are doing well in the midst of a trying time. keep up the good work and your brother is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I pray everything works out 4 your family. try to take some 4 urself.

Nanette N. said...

Progress for your brother! I'm glad they're getting a better understanding of the condition and he's stable. Slowly he'll heal. :) I'll think lovely thoughts for you.

I'm so impressed that you're managing to do so well with this stress and the surroundings. You're doing so well! Keep moving!

E. Jane said...

Hi Jo,

I'm glad that things are getting better for your brother. Hang in there with the Christmas Dress challenge. I'm doing the other CDC. Take care...

Angela Pea said...

You're doing great hanging in, Jo. Continued prayers for you and your brother.

Momma B said...

Glad your brother is doing a little better. Hang in there! hope you have a great week!