Sunday, October 23, 2011

Christmas Dress Countdown Week 6

Hello everyone.  I hope you have had a great week and have stayed on your plan.

Here is what I did:

Weight today:  136.2
Weight yesterday:  135.0
Why?  Beats me.  It's within my range.

Dress:  Still undecided.  I did go shopping one day and took a look at some cute black dresses.  I didn't really have time to try any on, but there are definitely some possibilities out there.  It's still October, so I have plenty of time on this one.

Calories:  I have stayed around my daily targeted average of 1200.  There were a couple of days where I went over by making not-so-good choices.  Well, actually, they were not choices - they were food prepared for me by someone else and I ate it.  However, I did remove the white bread from the sandwich and ate just meat, lettuce and tomato, with a little mustard.  Also, I had a couple of halloween treats, but was able to stop at a couple.  Overall, this week's calories were good.

Exercise:  Again, my exercise was done walking the parking lots and hospital halls.  One day I parked in the valet area, but had to walk around 2 miles one way.  I try to look at the good in this, and consider it exercise.  I have also added some squats and counter push-ups.  Also, extra stretching is in the mix now.  I think I need it for stress release.

Hydration:  A habit.

Reading:  This week I have picked up Wheat Belly where I left off some time ago.  It's all good...health and nutrition reading can only help to keep me focused.

Support:  I have left some support this week.  However, in the past couple of days I am not able to comment (again!).  So today I will be working on this.  I will sign out, shut down, and start over.  There's something about signing in with my phone and then signing back in on my computer that throws everything for a loop in Blogville!  Grrr!

Quitting:  If I were going to quit, I would have done it by now.  I will not quit.

I have been reading your posts and some of you do not have your heads in the game.  Four of us have dropped out.  How bad do we want this?  If we don't want it, then let's quit.  Why waste Mir and Angela's time?  And the time of other challengers who read our posts?  When someone is kind enough to sponsor a challenge and see it through, then the least we can do if we join it is to abide by the rules and stay until the end...and beyond. 

The Challenge is passing us by.  It will be December before we know it.  And some of us will have a net gain!!  What's up with this? 

NOW is the time to buckle down. 
Get with the Plan.  If The Plan is not working, find another one that will.  It's not too late. 
Drink your water.
Plan your meals - go food shopping.
Do your exercise.
Make good food choices.  Don't eat the junk.  Eat more protein and veggies.

If you're not successful now, how do you think you will do during November and December, when families start getting together and there's all that good food at work? 

Make up your mind TODAY.  No more messing around.  You know what to do, and what works for you.  Write it down, type it out, tape it to the fridge.  Find your motivation.  Look at your dress.

Let's do it!

I hope everyone has a great week.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post. :)

Caron said...

Good advice! :)

Debsdailylife said...

AMEN!!! So love your weight!! Makes me keep pushing on!!!

Julie said...

Excellent. Keep it up. And yes, we do need to all keep going. Take care and have a great week.
Blessings!!!

"KT" said...

Great post. Get with the Plan, it's not too late. It's never too late to try again! Hope the exercise continues to help you with stress. Sending good thoughts (and endorphins) to you and your family. :)

Angela Pea said...

Ah, most excellent post, Jo!

How is your brother doing?

Unknown said...

Great words of encouragement! Good for for sticking to it through thick & thin!