Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ready For Summer Final Update


Awww, the end of another challenge.  Thanks so much to Maren and Sarah (and probably others) for carrying us all the way through ten weeks.  It has been fun.  It has been educational (along with learning some things I hope I'll never need to know!).  It has been fulfilling - to make new friends and be cheered on by fellow challengers, as well as offered a helping hand when I have fallen. 

Although I did not lose weight (and I am blaming the steroids for the bronchitis in starting my upswing in weight), I did meet my nutritional goals.  I have fine-tuned some aspects of my diet to hopefully improve my nutrition and metabolism, as well as further eliminated some processed foods.  I have virtually eliminated sugar from my life.  I am eating more raw vegetables than ever.  I am journalling my food, water and exercise, only missing a day here and there due to life getting in the way.  I am learning to cycle my calories and am listening to my body.  I am staying hydrated and taking my vitamins and supplements daily.  I am doing more varied exercise.  I even am beginning to believe I can have a flat belly again someday!

Although this challenge is over, there will be another one to come around very soon.  And we can never let our guard down, can we?  There is really no "coasting" when it comes to weight loss and health. 

I wish the best for all my fellow challengers in your quest to get thin, healthy, and/or fit.  And now that we're READY FOR SUMMER, let's go to the beach/pool/mountains/lake!


2 comments:

Michele said...

You made steady progress in many ways over the course of the RFSC. I fine tuned my plan, too, in this challenge. It helps. Have a great first week of the Summer Sizzle!

Anonymous said...

Huh. Now I have to know what you learned but hope you do not need to know! Man that was a lot of change up in your diet. I wonder what it is going to mean numbers wise for your cholesterol. Once you get over the effects of the steroids it will probably be impossible to not lose weight. Yay for that.