Hello everyone. I have been away for several reasons, but this is "the" main reason.
Husband has had some digestive issues of late. Yesterday he went for some tests and a large tumor was discovered. I asked the gastro doctor how large (I meant a golf ball, an orange?) and he said, "Huge." He believes it is malignant.
This is the man who I have been with for thirty years and who is the light of my life.
Whether it is malignant or not, Husband is not able to swallow solid foods. He is able only to drink Ensure and liquids in small sips and swallows. He has lost a lot of weight, and now weighs less than me. Each day I can see he is declining in weight and strength.
We go for further tests and consultation on Monday or Tuesday, just as soon as an appt can be set up. His gastro feels this is urgent. If it is not malignant, it will require extensive surgery and removal of part of his digestive system.
My heart is not into blogging right now, but I am still on my plan and am choosing nutritious foods when the lump in my own throat and heaviness of my heart will allow. The nurses who are caring for him are trying to make me eat, saying if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of him. I understand all that, but they don't know me and I do appreciate their concern.
You have rallied for me before and I need you now. If you are a praying person, please pray for us. If you can send good vibes and thoughts and well-wishes, please do so.
Thank you in advance. I will post more when I know. Hoping for some good news.
17 comments:
So very, very sorry Jo. I had wondered why you were so quiet fearing a turn for the worse from your brother never imagining it might be something else entirely. You well know that I am a praying person and will certainly remember this. Please do keep us posted as you are able. Love, Sharon
Prayers for healing and discernment!! Hugs for comfort!!
Peace! Understanding!! Health!
I'm so, SO so sorry. I hope for the best for you and your husband.
Oh Jo! That is awful. I am so sorry you are going through this. I really hope it's not malignant. ((hugs))
It's hard to find the words to tell you how much this news concerns me. I have written you and your husband on my prayer list for strength and peace with whatever happens. Just rest in the knowing that all of us are lifting both of you up in prayer. Take care of yourself.
Jo! I am so sorry...I would be terrified, out of my mind with worry and grief.
Of course you have my prayers, a constant litany of them! I'm calling my Mom so she can rally her group of prayer warriors as well.
Do stay strong both mentally and physically. I know you will.
Hugs!
oh Sweetie (((((hugs)))))
I will be praying for you
My thoughts and prayers for you and your husband.
I am so sorry! My thoughts and prayers will be with you both continually!
Oh Jo, I am so sorry and you both are in my prayers and thoughts.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and all your soul and he will take care of you both.
Keep us posted.
Blessings!!
Jo, You, your husband and the medical staff will be in my prayers.
Lean on your friends. Seek comfort in Christ. Psalm 34.
You will find your strength to be your husband's rock Jo. Being scared and in shock is normal, but eventually it will subside some and you will be able to get on with getting him better.
So sorry you are through this. Wishing you prayers of strength & peace. One foot in front of the other.
I am so sorry to hear about your husband's medical problems. Thank you for letting us know so that we can pray for you both.
I am so sorry and hope that everything turns out ok. I will be praying for you and your husband. Hang in there. :)
Shannon
Oh, Jo! I am so very very sorry that this has happened to your hubby and to you. This is indeed just devastating.
You will be meeting with many doctors over the next few days and weeks. Try to take notes or bring some very trusted person with you to take notes and or ask questions. You have alot to process and think about. It is hard to hear it all at once.
I am sending you the biggest cyber hug ever. You can feel it, jo?!??!?!?
Love, Michele
Really good idea Michelle gave. Read as much as you can ahead so you can understand and ask questions. Your mind will probably blank at the appointment, but you can call and ask after.
Jo, what say the doc? We are keeping you in our prayers sweetheart.
I will pray for your hubby, for healing and for wisdom in whatever decisions he/you/docs have to make.
I would be a total wreck. I've been with my beloved 30 years, too, and every night I lay hands on him and ask God to heal and keep him safe. When we love this much, any suffering on their part just is a crushing pain, isn't it?
May grace pour on you, may His goodness surround you and hubby, and may a miracle come for you.
Hugs,
Post a Comment