Early Thursday morning Husband removed his nasal feeding tube and said no more. He has decided to discontinue all treatment for his esophageal cancer. He is conscious and able to make decisions pertaining to his own health care, as well as having a living will and health care power of attorney already in place. I fully support his decision. We have contracted with a hospice agency to try to keep him at home and comfortable.
We appreciate your prayers and good vibes.
20 comments:
Prayers and love. Thoughts and hugs. Blessings!
I am so sorry Jo. Many positive thoughts for you both. ((Hugs))
You and your husband are in my thoughts; sending lots of peace and positive energy your way.
I don't blame him. Death is not extinction. I think we all fear death because it is something we have never done before. It can be a welcome release from suffering. We are all called home in different ways. I think it is the right decision and pray his remaining days are comfortable as the two of you wait for this next part of life. Hang in there.
Jo, my heart breaks for you. I consider you a friend although we've never physically laid eyes on each other. Your courage in the face of this pain is an inspiration although I can only begin to imagine that the courage must give way to sheer panic at times. I pray for peace for you and comfort from the pain for him. Please let us know. Sharon
I've just been catching up on your blog. I just don't have the words- except to say that y'all are in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be there.
My prayers are with you in this most trying of times. God Bless. Gracie
Jo - We hold you and your husband up in prayer in the days ahead.
Oh, my dear, dear friend. I am so, so sorry that this has happened. You are both courageous. I think of you and him everyday.
Jo-Holding you and hubby in my prayers. Hugs for you both.
Prayers to you and your husband. And to hospice to keep him comfortable and provide you support.
Dear Jo, I came over from Sharon's blog to visit you. I am so sorry that this has happened. I pray that you will get the most wonderful hospice nurses and that it will in some little way ease your pain. We only had hospice for one day for my Dad, but it was a day I will never forget, and am forever grateful for.
Oh, Jo, I'm so so sorry. Thinking of you and your family.
I'll pray for you both. Peace to you.
It is a good thing to be at home and comfortable and we had a very good experience with hospice with my mother and father in law. My prayers are with you. God bless.
Jo, this is the first I have heard-shit I'm so, so sorry. Wishing you both peace and happy thoughts.
Polar's Mom
Hugs!! Prayers!! Tears!!! Wishing you peace!!
Hi Jo,
Thinking of you both often these days. Sending you strength!
Oh Jo. I am so sorry. I am thinking and praying for both of you every day.
Just wanted to jot you a note before I went to bed. Hoping things are coming together with hospice and that you two are coping.
Thinking of you. And of course praying.
Post a Comment