Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Fell Off the Wagon

Well, it wasn't exactly a wagon. It was my desk chair.

I was sitting here a couple of hours ago, reached up to put something away, and the wheels on my chair just took off. It dumped me in the floor on my elbow and butt and then backward to bump my head on the leg of the table. It took me what seemed like 30 minutes to take that little tumble!

Luckily Husband was in the other room and didn't hear a thing. Dog did come running in the room and growling. He was disappointed there was no monster in here...except for the one sprawled on the floor! I'm beginning to be a little sore, but all is well.

Fifteen pounds ago I would have had to roll over on my knees to even get up off the floor. But I just came right up without holding onto anything and went to check my elbow in the mirror.

So I'm back on the wagon!

Later!

7 comments:

Allan said...

Fantastic finish ! Great ending... That is a good reason to diet... I can really relate... Thanks

Ice Queen said...

Ow fall. I'm glad that you weren't injured. And yay for bouncing right up. I look forward to being able to do that again, one day. :D

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I was afraid at first. I thought maybe you ate entire cheesecake or something when you said fell off the wagon. Sorry to chuckle but I found relief when I read that you "only" fell of your chair. Amazing how a stupid thing like that can hurt so darn much!! And make you feel ridiculous! Good for you for recognizing how much better you felt getting up!

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness I hope you are alright. Good for you for getting up. I have notice that I can get up quicker these days. Glad you are okay..

Anonymous said...

Glad you could bounce up again!

MizFit said...

I dont wanna be too much suzie sunshine but I totally read that and thought:

N
S
V


xo xo

MizFit

MB said...

Ouch! Definitely a NSV being able to bounce back up. Glad your back on the wagon, Grace ;)