Hello Readers,
I need something. Motivation. Focus. Willpower. Support.
I guess I've hit the plateau. For the past 3 weeks I've been losing and gaining the same pound. I'll admit that since it has become so hot, I MAY have cut my walks a bit short. I'll also admit that last week I made a chocolate cobbler for a neighbor and kept 2 small portions for Husband and me. I'll further admit that I have been eating far too many fresh veggies while they are in season, and yes, I do like my eggplant and zucchini fried (in a smidge of canola oil).
At least the food police will not arrest me for eating fast food not prepared in my own kitchen.
So I guess it's back to basics. I'm going to read my blog entries from the beginning and try to figure out what I had going for me then that I might have lost along the way. And I am going to start an "official" Weekly Goals List, just to keep my goals on my mind. "Official" means that I will post it here and print it off and post it on the fridge. Or the bathroom mirror. Also, I am going to try to post some food pics, although they will be very amateurish, compared to some of you photographers out there.
I know what to do, I just need to enforce the rules more.
My next dr's visit is in November. I really want to lose this other 15 lbs by then. It's only 5 lbs per month, which is very do-able.
My motivation is just not what it was when I began this in April. But I have not totally lost it. I just need to turn it up a couple of notches and can't figure how to do it. I guess the best motivation is a loss of pounds or inches or both.
So I am off to drink my water, lift a few light weights, do some squats and lunges, and plan my food for the week.
Anyone care to join me? And we must remember that this is not a diet, it is a way of life.
Thank you for reading. And thank you for supporting me through your comments!
5 comments:
Have you tried a little calorie cycling? Maybe a couple of higher calorie days followed by lower and so forth for about a week would spur your bod to do what it is supposed to be doing?
I have read that calorie cycling helps but I can't say for certain, since I have never made it to a plateau, before. (Sad but true...lol)
Some people break a plateau by just lowering their calories a bit for a while, getting things going in a downward direction, again.
I am probably just talking out of the other side of my mouth. lol
Ice Queen,
Thanks for the suggestion. I have not tried it, but I guess I consider the 2 or 3 per week restaurant meals as calorie cycling, since I have to estimate. A year or so ago I was working with a dietician and she suggested that I needed to eat more calories. I was shocked but happy. It didn't make any difference, but I didn't stick with it for long. Maybe now is the time...
Thanks again.
I'm newish here so I"m not up on all that you've tried before, where you started or where you're heading yet so take this with a grain of salt.
My suggestion is to find some ways to exercise inside on days when you can't be outside because of the heat or something. It could be walking around at a mall, doing Wii games, using a Richard Simmons video, or just looking up some floor exercises on the net. I'm sure there are lots of resources out there waiting for you. If you've hit a plateau it could be for a lot of reasons (one being that you've reached your "natural" weight) but you can always build muscle while you wait for the bottom to drop out of that plateau. :)
Good luck!
Keep doing what your doing, it will pass. If you're eating good and still exercising, hopefully you will start losing again. If you're calorie counting, just drop it by a couple of hundred calories a day or skip a snack. Hopefully that will help.
Ya, Me giving advice not to snack, that's funny. I'm the snack QUEEN!
Maybe just shake things up a bit - different foods, different exercises. I know its easy to get comfortable, but then all of a sudden you may not be paying as close attention as you thought.
I am with you!
Post a Comment