Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 129 and Friday the 13th!

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have been trying to post comments to blogs today and am getting an error message. I will try again later, but if you usually get a comment from me and didn't get one today, it's because it's Friday the 13th!

Okay. Truth time. I have been doing so well in eating more protein and less carbs, and the scale is cooperating again. But for the last 3 days I have been craving carbs. 3 days! So today I ate a toasted bagel for breakfast. It tasted just as good as I knew it would. I will be fine on my calories for the day, but so much for not eating carbs. But: I am hoping that craving goes away for a long time, too. I'm not apologizing for it and making excuses. I ate it and I am confessing that I did it. (Friday the 13th made me do it!) I will be drinking 64 oz of water today to help wash it on through and out of my body. It won't set off a carb frenzy for me and now I can move on past it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Please watch your calories, move your body, and remember that this is not a diet, it is a way of life.

Thank you for reading.

5 comments:

Shane G. said...

Jo great job sticking to your plan. I don't think I would be too awful upset about the bagel. You do need some carbs to keep your metabolism running. I also love that you own what you did. I spent too many years making excuses for why I did stuff that was detrimental to my health and welfare. I love being completely honest and open and love those that also practice that policy. YOu could have just as easily never said a mumbling word and who would have known? I salute you Miss JO!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Good for you for fessing up!! I have never totally excluded carbs from my diet. It is an easy way to reduce calories though! Keep it up, you're doing fine!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

Ah it must be that kind of day...I'm craving the carbs too after weeks without any cheating!

TinaM said...

You are doing great. Like you say "It's not a diet, it is a way of life." And in life you might want a bagel or piece of bread once in a while :) and that's perfectly fine!

Patrick said...

Hi Jo, thanks for stopping by my blog today, it will be a pleasure to follow on here with you too. Looks like you have a good handle on holding yourself accountable. Kudos on your 1.6 lbs loss this past week too!