I stayed the same this week. Why? How? The week from hell with family drama going on. Mega doses of antibiotics for the past 10 days. So I am VERY thankful for no gain.
Still 7 more lbs to lose to get to goal.
I am thinking a lot about maintenance these days. It may be a bit premature, but I need to find out what those people who are successful in LOSING THE WEIGHT and KEEPING IT OFF are doing. It's great to lose the weight and get to goal. But if you gain it back, lose it again, gain, lose, back and forth, why are you wasting your time and efforts?
I don't want to be one of those people who gets there and then gets off the train. I want to stay on the healthy train, at a normal weight, forever.
So I am reading weight maintenance blogs to see if they have any magic formulas for maintaining. I'm reading articles, and asking those who have done it. Maybe by the time I get there, I'll have it figured out.
There are those who would say that all I have done for the past 3 months is maintain. Actually, I have lost 10 lbs in the last 3 months, in spite of the holidays. But I will admit that my loss is so. very. slow. But loss it is.
I know most of us are still in weight loss mode, but
What are you going to do when you get to maintenance stage?
3 comments:
No gain, no pain. You had a hard week, so a stay the same is good. As my WW leader says, you're practicing maintenance. You've been doing great--7 pounds from your goal is super. AND your doctor was pleased with you. That's worth a lot. You're doing great. Keep it up.
Jo,
I'm just a little farther from goal than you are and I believe that the closer I gets the harder it is to get the scale to move. Hang in there. :)
I don't know if you followed MargieM before she passed away, but hers is a great blog. I think she lost around 40 or 50 pounds and was in maintenance mode for a couple years. She was on weight watchers, but there are great tips on her blog, and she wrote everything she ate. That is my plan :) One day when I'm in maintenance mode I will be able to go back and reread her blog :) Hopefully it will still be there...
Oh, and I'll have you in maintenance mode to look at also of course!
Margie's blog: http://myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment