Thursday, May 3, 2012

Health Report

Short post, as I am trying to digest this info and decide what to do or what not to do.

Yesterday I went to my doc for followup. 

Today I got the results of my lipid panel test:
Total cholesterol:  249 UP from 245 6 months ago
LDL:  130 DOWN from 134
HDL:  71 DOWN from 83
Triglycerides:  238  WAAAY UP from 134

The only good news is that my LDL (bad cholesterol) is down a bit.

I will continue to eat more veggies and do more research on the topic of cholesterol.  And continue my PIST program.

More later.

4 comments:

Michele said...

Dang. Don't be discouraged. My hubby eats really well and takes good care of himself and has for years. His lipid panel looks like yours. SOme things are just genetic. Have a good weekend! Michele

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Hang in there, Jo. You will figure out what works best to get better labs. Sometimes it is a puzzle and takes a certain combination of elements to get everything in order. I wish you the best. :)

Kimberly said...

You're making progress and that's what matters most! One step at a time.

Julie said...

Research and more research. Then find out what your doctor wants to do. Your getting more healthy each and every day. Keep up the great work.
Blessings my friend!!