Hello Readers,
I am very late with my updates, but here they are:
Hot 100:
1. Keep my daily calories between 1000 and 1300. My average for the past week is 1125 per day. I am very pleased with this, since it includes 3 restaurant meals and one come-and-go Christmas party, and one potluck dinner Christmas party. It's a miracle!
2. Exercise: New self-challenge of 30 miles in 30 days for December, otherwise known as 30 in 30. I am on track with this. I am including the mall walking and shopping days as 1 mile.
3. Watch food portions, and no seconds, unless they are veggies or fruit. Done with NO exceptions.
4. Drink at least 64 oz of water per day. I am still drinking over 100 oz per day.
I Refuse to Blow It Challenge:
Still in the "loser" category, at 6 lbs lost since the beginning of the challenge. No gains.
SSDDD Challenge:
1. I am averaging just under 1200 calories daily.
2. I am drinking over 100 oz of water daily.
3. I am journaling every bite, lick, and taste that goes into my mouth.
This has become habit for me. In the past 9 months, I have set calorie targets at 1,500, 1300, 1000 and now 1200 per day. Also, in the same time frame, I have been drinking at least 64 oz of water, plus my morning coffee, Crystal Light in the summer, and hot green tea in the colder months. Over 100 oz per day of fluids. I have been journaling since the beginning of July, almost 6 full months now.
These three things have helped me become smarter and more focused on my nutrition and weight loss. I know I can do these three things for the rest of my life. When I get to my goal weight, I will be able to increase the daily calories to 1400. I can certainly live on 1400 calories from now on.
I am so glad to have found the Blogville community. I have made many friends who are very knowledgeable about weight loss, exercise and nutrition. Thank you for all the comments and suggestions you give me. I hope that occasionally I am able to help you in some way, too.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!



4 comments:
It's not a miracle that you stayed within calories, you just made all good choices! Give yourself credit. That is awesome. Too often, we use parties and restaurants as excuses. You didn't let them get in your way. You rock, keep it up!
Looks like you are doing really well, I was late with my update too. keep plugging away at it!
Fantastic, Jo !! I love your "three things," and they are completely doable as lifelong habits! I see success at not just reaching your goal, but maintaining it. Keep up the good work! I'm proud of you.
Hi Jo,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I'm glad I found yours too, and I'll be back, because I'm also following you now. It sounds like you're doing well. It's great to have blogging friends who can be helpful with this process. I love the support. Take care...
Post a Comment