Wednesday, February 16, 2011

P5, Day10

Is there a substitution for a fruit smoothie as a snack?  I can't stomach smoothies.  And all the diet plans suggest them.  Is that because most dieters feel they are drinking a milk shake?  It isn't a protein thing, unless you add an egg or powder, is it?  Might I just eat the other half of that banana from breakfast, or a small apple, Allan...please??  Am I whining?  Never mind, I can figure it out.

Day 10 already, and it's going well.  The water is just second nature to me now.  8 oz when I get up.  24 oz of coffee, of which I pour out at least 8 oz.  8 oz of cranberry juice.  16 oz mid-morning.  24 oz with lunch.  16 + 16 oz in afternoon.  I'm over my quota already and it is only 3 pm.  Easiest part of the challenge.

Exercise is not so easy.  Why?  I don't like strength training.  There are days when it's not so bad.  But I don't look forward to strenth training as much as I do walking.  I'm doing it, though.

Weight?  Don't know.  I will weigh tomorrow just to be sure I haven't gained since Sunday.  But I can pretty well gauge my weight gain/loss by my how large my stomach is.

Calories?  Right on the money, coming in between 1100 and 1200 per day.  There was one day in the 700's when I focused on protein - eggs, tuna, and 2 oz of steak.  It didn't kill me, as far as being hungry, and honestly, my stomach was flatter the next day.

So it's one day at a time, one pound at a time.  Focusing on my plan and planning ahead.  I just may wear a swimsuit this year!


3 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

I would think that some yogurt would be a substitute for a smoothie. Do you like yogurt of any kind? I recommend Greek Yogurt or Carbmaster Yogurt because they have higher protein content than regular yogurts.

Anne H said...

Maybe just a protein drink without the added stuff?
Or maybe some cheese ? Protein helps us feel more full!
So they say. A full-carb snack might cause more cravings!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm not sure what is in smoothies, I never make them but I would imagine yogurt and some fruit would be the same.

I think the diet is made so people can still think that they are "eating everything", that is why there is chocolate on it, I'm guessing. To me, chocolate doesn't belong on any diet. :-)

I think you're doing great! In response to your comment on my blog, I can't imagine your sickness being because of weight loss. It would be different if you were 91 lbs. or something. I think you've just had a bad year. :-) Let's hope it's over. I've had daycare kids sneezing and coughing on me all week so my healthy time may be short too!