Monday, February 21, 2011

P5, Day15, Weigh-In

I was helping Husband and crew with an outside project yesterday and never got around to posting my weigh-in results.

I lost one pound last week, bringing me to 7 more pounds to lose.  I will happily take 1 pound per week, because it will get me to goal soon.  Just for fun, I averaged my calories for the past 7 days, which came to 1064 per day.

(I am lucky that today is not weigh-in, because I have gained that 1 pound back!  Probably because I didn't drink all my water yesterday because I was working outside and running errands so the workers could stay on the job.  I have all week to straighten that out, and I know it's not "real" weight I have gained.)

I will have to give Allan and his crew credit.  This plan is easy to follow - well, on MOST days, anyway.  And the calorie counting does get easier.  For me, it is mostly about portion control.  I was regularly eating more than my body needed, so it naturally just converted it to fat.  I don't know why it took so long for me to realize to just not take out so much food, and to leave a few bites on the plate.  Why didn't someone just sit me down and just tell me those two things?  Yes, I was a member of that clean plate club growing up, but I was a very active child, living on a farm, with lots of trees to climb and fields to run in.  So I burned whatever I ate.

Besides maintenance, I need to think about focusing on getting rid of the muffin top.  Weight around the middle is very hard to lose.  Does anyone know - is it a carb thing?  I don't eat the white foods, it's whole grain for me, and not a lot of that. 

With warmer weather coming soon, I will be doing the gardening chores with more bending, stretching, squatting, and lifting.  And the fresh air will be divine!  Bicycling weather, too.

So muffin top, I will find a way to get rid of you.  We have been together too long!

Any suggestions of how to lose the muffin top?  Thanks in advance!

4 comments:

E. Jane said...

It sounds like you are doing very well. Congrats for all your hard work.

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

I'm still working on the jumbo muffin top! You're doing so well!! Nice job with the calories. Isn't it funny how we need someone to point out the obvious to us? I credit Allan with that as well. I've heard a lot of advice and thoughts but it was his words that sunk in. :-)

Michele said...

Congrats on another pound off. I recently read and posted about some "eating rules" from Michale Pollan's book; Food rules. A few of these fit perfectly with your post today including: Leave something on your plate; serve a proper portion and don;t go back for seconds; use smaller glasses and plates; and eat slowly. While they may not solve the muffin top problem they do speak to eating less.

You are really doing great! Michele

Debbie said...

Congrats on another pound gone.