We are at the halfway point in the June Boom. How is it going?
The June Boom has three rules:
1. Exercise every day in June. I have done at least 30 minutes of something every day. One day I traded my walking for vacuuming and mopping my house. Another day I traded my walking for hauling bricks to put in a new edging around my nandinas on the front lawn.
2. Start something you've been putting off. This was weights for me. I have been lifting the light weights and doing the weighted leg lifts twice a week.
3. Be publicly accountable. I am telling YOU.
This has been good for me, because it is not about food, it's about moving your body. Committing to do something every single day for a month. What happens after a month? I hope it will become a daily habit. Last summer I had the habit. Somewhere over the winter I lost it. I want my hamstring muscles back. I want my endurance back. And...I want that HDL cholesterol number to stay up there where it is!
If you're participating in the June Boom, how is it going for you? Do you think you'll keep up the daily exercise during July? August?

2 comments:
You're doing well! It's tough to exercise every day, you should be proud of yourself.
Keep up the good work! I am encouraged by you! This summer slim down is making me work hard than I normally would. I am finally working out!!! Nicole @ www.colieskitchen.com
Post a Comment