I gained a pound this week. It's okay, because I had a couple of lunches that I was not proud of, but that were not within my control to choose. However, I DID choose how much to put into my mouth! I am still within the range I have set for weight maintenance.
My average daily calories for the week were 1105. Very good.
I drank over 64 oz of water every day, plus other sugar-free beverages.
I tracked my food every day, and have tried to incorporate more veggies. Do I get credit for fried veggies??
I have to do better on the exercise. I can truly say that I am walking every day. BUT, I have cut it short due to the damn heat. I have been doing my light weights. I can walk on the treadmill, but it is so boring. I can walk closer to my home and go in every 15 minutes for water and cool-down breaks. July is coming, and the heat is only going to get worse. I will find a way. I believe last summer I was walking very early in the day. That is a routing I may need to get back.
I hope everyone has a great week!
8 comments:
Nice on the calories!! Very commendable! I know what you mean on the exercises, I gotta step that up too! I'm just about to go for a walk with the kids. I'd love to walk early in the day but I'm already getting up at 5, I don't know that I could get up any earlier!
It's too hot here now to walk unless I go out at 7am, so I'm using my treadmill now. I downloaded interval training music for my iPod which helps a lot, cos I usually find it boring too. Here's to a great 3 Ed week.
Good job on knowing and sticking to walking 'every day', there is pleasure and a sense of accomplishment in that, so enjoy it. Good luck this week!
Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!
Early is a good thought. Going to the farmer's market was fine in the morning, coming back in the noon sun more difficult. I'm sure you'll manage to find something that works for you.
Hang in there, Jo. You can do this. You are doing great.
Marvelous on the low cal days. That is fantastic! Hope it cools down where you are. In MN all we have lately is rain, rain, rain. I did squeeze in a bike ride though. Stay strong, my friend!
I say fried veggies count! :D
I know we're told that gaining shows we aren't strong enough to stick to a plan but the truth is, you've learned a huge lesson because you didn't eat as much as you would have in the past. You are now more conscious when making food choices and you understand the consequences of those choices instead of ignoring them like we used to do. Maintenance won't be successful if we haven't learned at least that much. :)
Post a Comment