Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nasty Prednisone

Short post today, just an update.

Saw my doc today about the bee sting I got on my ankle 11 days ago that won't clear up.  I got a prednisone injection and a prescription for the Epi-pen thingy.  He said always have the pen and Benadryl with me.  Always.  I told him that will not be a problem, after this experience.

So the prednisone has made me feel as rotten as the bee sting.  My usually hypoglycemic body has spiked up by 100 points.  Brain fog.  Dizzy.  Lethargic.  And I know about the fluid retention and weight gain thing.  So far my appetite is pretty much gone and I am trying to drink extra water. 

Just another day in an older body.  So all of you 30- and 40 somethings out there...

ENJOY YOUR YOUTH. 

Thanks for the whine-a-thon.  What are friends for??

Later (and hopefully better!).



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh boy, Jo! So sorry. How well I know the Prednisone nightmare. Hope it ends soon. Fight the weight gain for all it's worth cause it's a different kind of weight gain than others caused by meds. It won't fall off when the meds are finished. You have to lose it the old-fashioned way. Fight, fight, fight!!!