As we are nearing the end of summer and the Slimmer This Summer Challenge, I would like to thank Debbi and Mir for co-hosting this challenge for us. I have made a lot of new friends who inspire me. I think we have all had fun and encouraged each other through some of life's ups and downs this summer.
My update:
1. Weight: Gained back that 1 lb I lost last week. It's okay. The reason is in #4 below. That and a little emotional eating.
2. Calories: My average daily calories were 1093. Still journaling everything. This has become a habit. If I didn't journal, I would have no idea what I put in my body.
3. Water: I am well-hydrated. Another good habit that has become routine.
4. Exercise: Not good. The bee sting on my ankle is still swollen with an ugly red ring about 3 inches in diameter around the sting site. Also it is still itchy and burning, especially after being outside in the heat, or after a shower. The only thing close to exercise this week has been walking my little dog 2 blocks down the street and back. Yes, I know it counts. But I want/need to do so much more. I don't know what my doc can do about this, but I may get an appointment for a quick visit this week. Yes, it seems I am allergic to insect bites.
5. Support: I have left some love this week, and a couple of butt kicks, but Blogger is still not letting me comment most of the time. Frustrating to write a nice comment and it is sent to outer space. BUT, I appreciate your comments to me, in spite of the seemingly lack of support from me. I am hoping to press some magic button and get back in the commenting business soon.
I hope everyone has a great week!
End of STS Update
------------------------------
Family drama continues this weekend, escalating into the police and ambulance being called. For the past year, I have been concerned that this would be the case. With illegal and prescription drugs involved, mental instability, and financial and economic issues, I'm surprised something tragic has not happened. I am still praying for strength and good judgement for myself, and for a miracle for the situation itself.
I am doing some stress eating, of course. Not bingeing, but not eating the way I know I should. No surprise I have gained a pound, and I am thankful for just one. I am nauseated and hungry at the same time. Doesn't make sense, does it? I know some of you have similar situations, so you know what I mean. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement about this ongoing stressor for me.
I hope everyone has a great week!
End of STS Update
------------------------------
Family drama continues this weekend, escalating into the police and ambulance being called. For the past year, I have been concerned that this would be the case. With illegal and prescription drugs involved, mental instability, and financial and economic issues, I'm surprised something tragic has not happened. I am still praying for strength and good judgement for myself, and for a miracle for the situation itself.
I am doing some stress eating, of course. Not bingeing, but not eating the way I know I should. No surprise I have gained a pound, and I am thankful for just one. I am nauseated and hungry at the same time. Doesn't make sense, does it? I know some of you have similar situations, so you know what I mean. Thanks for your kind words of encouragement about this ongoing stressor for me.

9 comments:
So sorry to read about the family situation. Those things are really tough. Stay strong. Please watch that bee sting that it does not become infected. Keep track of that red ring by drawing a circle with a pen around it. If it gets bigger see your doc. I had kne a few years ago that led to a bad case of cellulitis.
I'm so sorry to hear of the additional stress, both insect and family related.
It does sound like you may be allergic to bees; on average, a sting should settle down and fade away within 48 hours. When they linger, it usually means a secondary, systemic reaction. Do check with your doctor; you may need to start carrying an epi-pen! (My youngest son is allergic. We learned a lot about it!)
Life at home can be horrible hard at times. Try to just take it a day at a time, sometimes hours or minutes at a time. Lean on the Lord and it'll work out. At least here I'm hoping it will too.
Keep up the great work. I'm glad to read your going to the doctor just in case about the bite. Good idea.
Take care and have a blessed and safe week.
Nauseated, hungry and heartburn.
And a feeling like I shoulda known better!
But it's all good!
Onward and downwards!
Hang in there, Jo. You are in my thoughts.
Stress can certainly get the best of us from time to time. I have almost given into it this summer too. This has been the first time ever that I've been able to withstand it. Though it continues to be a battle. Hope that bee sting leaves you alone soon and the home situation improves dramatically!
I'm glad you followed my link I shared. I know Brad will except you. It'll be awesome to learn to run, especially since you want too. YEAH!!! I'm excited for both of us.
Take care Jo and have a great week.
I am so sorry about the icky bee sting result, and moreso about the family issues. It's so stressful for you, clearly, and I pray God will give you calm and strength and grace and solutions! I know the most stressful things in my life have had to do with family (be it illness or death or financial woes). When we love folks..well, anything going amiss or astray is hard, hard.
Let's have a better week this last StS week and as we head into the last weeks of summer (hate summer, hate summer).
Later, be well...
So sorry you are having to deal with all this. :(
Post a Comment