Eight weeks in, and how are we doing? Getting some exercise, I hope. By now you should have a plan that works. Drinking your water? Doing your reading? Supporting each other? Getting focused to NOT GAIN during the holidays???
Here's my report:
Weight today: 136
Dress: Still undecided, but it's only November. In a couple of weeks I am going to a certain store that I don't get to very often. They have a nice assortment of dress-up clothes and the prices are very reasonable. Who knows, it may end up being a jacket instead of a dress. We will see. Plenty of time.
Calories: All over the place. But average 1243 per day. It's getting more difficult to keep the calories down, because of recipes for the holidays dancing in my head. Comfort food, I guess.
Exercise: It has been cold and rainy outside, so I am thinking about the treadmill. I did walk around the neighborhood a couple of times this week, but it was not really dedicated exercise. I raked some leaves one day. I walked the parking lot and hospital halls a couple of days, and went to therapy with my brother. All movement is worthwhile, but I miss the daily "workout" time. However, I know that someday when I get my normal life back, I will be able to resume it. In the meantime, I will keep moving my body. Countertop pushups, anyone?
Hydration: Done except for one day. I was on the road and it was just not convenient.
Reading: Sidetracked this week to read fiction. Back to healthy reading in a couple of days.
Support: I have been around to some/most of you this week. I have kicked a few of your butts. You know who you are. I would like to thank you who have supported me this week. I didn't get the greatest health report, after all my hard work to stop the grains, sugar, fried foods, and junk, but I'm learning a lot about lipids and heart disease. Knowledge is power, right?
Quitting: I will never quit! I have come too far to quit.
This week I plan to focus on getting more exercise and doing better on journaling my food. I have become too lax about writing down every crumb that goes in my mouth. Some days I don't even begin journaling until evening. And by then it is impossible to remember all the extra little bites or 1/2 handfuls of nuts. With the winter and holidays coming, those extra bites can add up way too fast and before I know it, the weight will creep up, too. It took me too long to lose my weight, and I will not, absolutely will not let it come back.
I hope everyone has a great week!
This week I plan to focus on getting more exercise and doing better on journaling my food. I have become too lax about writing down every crumb that goes in my mouth. Some days I don't even begin journaling until evening. And by then it is impossible to remember all the extra little bites or 1/2 handfuls of nuts. With the winter and holidays coming, those extra bites can add up way too fast and before I know it, the weight will creep up, too. It took me too long to lose my weight, and I will not, absolutely will not let it come back.
I hope everyone has a great week!
3 comments:
A great week to you too, Jo. I'm dealing with a few pounds that have crept up on me too. Thankfully, the scale is moving in the right direction again though. Hang in there.
Your amazing Jo. I hope that soon I can say I'm maintening and doing well. I too have got to be better at writing it all down. I think I remember but then...well I don't.
Take care and enjoy your afternoon. Blessings!!
I am so, so, so glad to hear that your brother is doing so much better. Still sending thoughts of recovery his way, and thoughts of weight loss yours.
Post a Comment