Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 14 - Two Weeks Today

First, since I didn't post yesterday, my pedometer said I walked 4,097 steps on my walk around the neighborhood yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I walked alone, so I changed my route a bit and came closer to the 2 mile mark.


So today it has been two weeks since I started writing about my food and exercise. How has it helped me?

- I feel much more accountable.

- I want to exercise more/eat better because I want to be able to honestly say that I am doing the right things, or at least some of them.

- I am thinking ahead - about what I will eat tomorrow, how to fit some exercise into my day, ways to stay on plan.

- I am leaving more food on my plate at restaurants. (It IS really okay to do this!)

...just to name a few.


Will I still be here a year from now? Probably, because half of this journey is maintenance. And I have lost weight before, only to gain it back. So if I am successful in losing it, I will give blogging a huge chunk of credit for helping me along.


I do intend to become more interesting here. But I am still in the trial and error phase for what works in order to achieve those small goals here and there. So if you are passing through, please do stop by again...hopefully I will get better at this.


My food choices today have been good, not great. I did have two fried chicken tenders for lunch, along with six fries. I did attempt to walk, but only logged 1,462 steps. My neighbor had a medical emergency and I had to cut walking short and drive her to the clinic. But all is well there for now.

This is not a diet, it is a way of life.

No comments: