My walking today was done behind a lawnmower. Part of our lawn can't be reached by the riding mower, so my job is to push. It is a small area, but it is my main flower gardening area, so there are several obstacles: stepping stones, a wooden barrel planter, a 15-ft piece of driftwood, rose bushes, a couple of bags of mulch...well, you get the idea. Then after Husband mowed with the rider, I trimmed around the trees and in the corners and hard to reach areas. I guess you could call this my upper body workout day. However, the weather was nice, mid 70's, sunny, with a gentle breeze blowing to cool me down.
My appetite was a bit strange today, but I didn't eat anything fried. I had breakfast later than usual. Then went grocery shopping and waited a little too long before lunch. I am a bit hypoglycemic, so when I start feeling like I should eat, it's usually too late to avoid the headache it brings. My worst food today was Reduced Fat Kettle Cooked Chips. I had a few with my ham on whole grain bread for lunch. But shortly thereafter is when I started with the mowing, so I worked off the chips first.
The pollen is still very, very high here in the Southeast. When I go outside, I can smell it and feel it in my nose. It smells like chalk dust (ugh!), not like gardenias (mmm...). Even my cat has been sneezing today. She has enjoyed being on the screened porch and watching the birds.
Sometimes I tend to forget, but this is not a diet, it is a way of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment