Hello Readers!
I have had a great week with my food choices. This will be the week I look back on and wish I could get my mental state back somehow.
I just made up my mind to try to live without eating fat. Of any kind. So before I put anything in my mouth, I considered its fat content. This means dry toast. No sour cream or cream cheese. Not even the fat free kind, because they just make me want the real thing. No cheese at all. (Cheese is my favorite food in the world!) Very, very little olive oil mayo on my 94% lean ham sandwich on whole grain bread. No chips and very, very few crackers. I did have 2 peanut butter on crackers when my blood sugar crashed one afternoon, but, hey, that was a medical emergency, right?
What difference will the scale tell me? Maybe none. Maybe even a gain. (But HOW?) If the scale is nice to me on Tuesday, I will know that I have been eating waaay too much fat without really realizing it. A teaspoon of butter and sour cream here and there can pile on the fat and calories. And I am known for having a handful of Cheetos or Fritos every now and then. BUT, not every day, and I DO NOT eat directly out of the bag...I take a few out and close it!
So, after this mindset is gone, I will not know how to get it back. Because I don't know how I got it this week. But just maybe I can make it a HABIT!
This is not a diet, this is a way of life.
Thank you for reading.
1 comment:
Way to go! It is totally a mental game that we MUST fight to win.
Post a Comment