Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weigh-In Day

Hello Readers,

The lovely scale tells me that I have lost 1.6 lbs this week, for a total of 14 lbs! I was hoping to hit 15 lbs lost as of today, but I am VERY HAPPY with this. My sweet neighbor invited me for Father's Day lunch. So I ate a little of everything, ate no seconds, and ate no sweets. She knows I am trying to lose weight and get healthy, but she also knows I love to EAT, especially what she cooks! So at the next meal I got back on my plan, and all is well. Oh, and I did drink extra water that day because I knew she uses more salt in her cooking than I do.

I am hesitant to make any changes in my food or exercise, since things are going well. But I can do better. Mainly, I want to keep focused on my eating plan and keep moving my body. I want to keep reading nutrition and health information - I have so much more to learn. And I want to continue to support others in my life, and in Blogville, who are trying to improve their health, break a bad habit, or learn a new one.

I am going to learn how to link to other websites or blogs, and give you a pic of my food, or my walking route, or something pretty in my summer garden. Jazz it up a bit!

And above all, I am going to remind myself that this is not a diet, it is a way of life.


Thank you for reading.

3 comments:

Ice Queen said...

1.5. Woo hoo!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Excellent! I have weigh in day tomorrow morning and I'm scared! It's just been an okay week for me, we'll see. You're doing great, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! :D I didn't know how to link to blogs the first six months I had my blog - I am so not technical!

I am on wordpress, but if you have a question I may be able to help?