Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weigh-In Day

Hello everyone,

Today is weigh-in day and the scale tells me I have lost just a bit. I have lost 0.6 lb, for a total of 14.6 lbs. This is wonderful, considering the week I have had.

I guess in everyone's health journey they go along for weeks and get in their routines, and then something happens to throw them off track. For me this week it is sciatica. You know, that low back pain that runs down your leg. This past Sunday was spent mostly on the couch or on the bed with the heating pad. Husband had to help me up twice. This thing comes on me about twice a year for no reason, then leaves just like it came, a few days later. Well, I am ready for it to GO! A couple of days I did a slow walk around the neighborhood, about a mile, I guess, but I can't claim to have exercised much this week.

However, my eating has been on track, except for a couple of extra restaurant meals that must have had sodium and/or MSG that caused me to retain fluid, in spite of drinking water, water, water. All that is gone now. Just in time for 4th of July weekend!

Our weather for the next few days is supposed to be less hot and humid, and hopefully this pain will go away, and I can get back to exercising AND losing pounds. I am at my halfway mark to my goal of losing 30 lbs, so it would be really nice to see a couple of weeks of 2 lb losses.

So, although I have hit a little bump in the road, I have not fallen off the wagon, and have not lost my focus that this is not a diet, it is a way of life.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Isn't it amazing how restaurant meals can make you gain so much water? I see it all the time! Glad to see you lost and hope you're off the couch soon if you aren't already, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I one time gained 5 pounds overnight after eating Chinese food! :D

Hope you are feeling better - its tough to be sidelined when you don't want to be!

TinaM said...

Hello JO. I saw your comment on Tessa's blog, thank you for your encouragement!!!!!

You are doing a great job, a loss is a loss I always say! It's nice to be at your halfway mark!!! Woo Hoo!
Sorry to hear about your pain, I hope it leaves quickly!!!
Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Kenlie said...

When we can continue moving forward even when there are bumps in the road, that's when we know we're really changing. So be proud of yourself..and you lost! So be very proud! :)