Hello Readers!
This has been a wild week around my house, and I have been trying to focus on staying on track and meeting my goals. Let's see how it went.
Update for Challenge this week:
Update for Challenge this week:
My goals:
1. Maintain my weight in the range of 130-137 lbs. I have done this, but am again at the upper end of the range. I really need to stay in the 135's.
2. Keep calories under 1200 per day. If I go over, make the next day under 1200. Continue to track my calories every day, and continue to eat less meat, more vegetables and fruit. My average daily calories are 1155 for this week. This is a little surprising to me, because I had a couple of days in the 1400's.
3. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily, in addition to other non-caloric beverages. I have done this, and more
4. Walk at least 4 times per week for at least 30 minutes. Increase time and distance as the challenge progresses. Pick up the weights two times per week for 20 minutes. Done!
5. Support other challengers. This is important! I'm doing this, and visiting some blogs I have not visited before. I think everyone is doing great, in spite of the dog days of summer.
6. Remember that this healthy lifestyle is a long-term investment; it will not be over at the end of 12 weeks. Amen.
And now about the 5K I participated in yesterday.
I finished 71st out of 109 people.
My official time was 48:29, with a pace of 15:36 .
I finished 6th in my female age group.
**Note: I FINISHED! My first 5K and I finished it!
I will write another post later today for those not following the STSC, with more details and thoughts about the 5K, my preparation for it, and thoughts after it is done.
I hope everyone has a great week!
12 comments:
Great job on the 5K!!! Such a feeling of accomplishment when you cross that finish line!! Be proud!!!1
Good for you on the 5K and for staying so close to all your goals. You are doing great. Hang in there. I'm at the upper range for my weight too and not happy about it. Trying to stay on track today and make it a habit again.
How Exciting - your first 5K!!! Congratulations!
This is great. You are brave to attempt a 5K and what's even greater is that you finished it. You go girl!!
Congrats on finishing your first 5K!!! Impressive!
Congratulations on finishing your first 5KM!!!! Wahoo for you, Jo!!!!!!!!! So proud of you! Michele
Great job on your 5k! Keep up the awesome work!
Nice that you finished the 5K! Great on the goals and can't wait to hear more about the race!
YEAH!!! on your weight loss and on your first 5K. Great time. Take care and keep up the great work. Blessings!!
Congrats on the 5K! I really want to start running again... I'm just being lazy lately... Good luck with this coming week!
Congrats on the 5K!
Woot! 5ks can be fun... I'm doing my 2nd in Aug... I hope it's not as humid then!
Post a Comment