Sunday, July 3, 2011

Slimmer This Summer Challenge Update


Update for Challenge this week:

1. Maintain my weight in the range of 130-137 lbs. My weight on Sunday is 136.4. This week (again) my goal is to get back to 135 and maintain there. I need to get closer to 130 as the Challenge progresses.  This past week I have been as high as 137.0 on Wednesday, and have noticed that Wednesdays are usually my highest weight of the week.  What's up with that??

2. Keep calories under 1200 per day. If I go over, make the next day under 1200. Continue to track my calories every day, and continue to eat less meat, more vegetables and fruit. My average daily calories are 1094 for this week. The only thing I can figure is that it is sickeningly hot and humid here.  Although I am drinking lots of water, it may not be enough.

3. Drink at least 64 oz of water daily, in addition to other non-caloric beverages. Definitely done!

4. Walk at least 4 times per week for at least 30 minutes. Increase time and distance as the challenge progresses. Pick up the weights two times per week for 20 minutes. Weights done, but I have slacked off on my walking, again, due to the heat.  I did push mow the side yard on Thursday, and I ran the weedeater all over the yard (sore arms!).  Even on the days I didn't walk, I was active.  One day I walked at the mall.  I wouldn't say walking was a bust this week, but just not what I wanted it to be.

5. Support other challengers. This is important! I am doing this, and have left some support with some challengers I haven't known before.  I have followed a few new blogs this week.

6. Remember that this healthy lifestyle is a long-term investment; it will not be over at the end of 12 weeks. Got it!

Yesterday I went to the local farmers' market and got tomatoes, corn, zucchini squash, watermelon, and cucumbers.  We are eating more veggies with every meal, and today will have a tomato sandwich on multi-grain bread for lunch.  Fresh cucumbers on the side.  A nice, cool meal for a hot, hot day!

I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend...and a safe one!! 

12 comments:

Alan said...

Jo, sorry I didn't do a great job keeping up with your June Boom progress, but it looks like you did a great job. Happy to see you're rolling right into Slimmer This Summer. You're doing a wonderful job. Keep up the great work!

downsizers said...

Staying on top of things will make maintenance success yours. Thanks for the comment over at my place. It's always good to hear from you and I just want to return the positivity. You go girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm loving our local farmers market, can't believe I went all winter without fresh veggies!

Lisa @ Cheap Thrills said...

Aren't weight fluctuations weird? You're staying in your range, and getting back down. That's great! Hitting the farmer's market is good for walking and for awesome fresh, local produce. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I just noticed your ticker above, 3 to go for your goal weight - now that is AWESOME! Congrats on progress so far and here's to a great week!

Candi said...

I like your goals and they sound very reasonable! Farmers Markets are great places to get inspiration. Last summer we visited a really big one with the goal of trying a new vegetable or fruit each time we went. The kids loved it! keep up the great work. You'll be at your goal in no time!

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

Wow, nice on the daily calories. I need to get back strict on that!! Love the farmers market, I need to get there more often!

Anonymous said...

Great goals, I love number 6 - long term perspective. This is a game of chess, not checkers! ;)

Danielle said...

We don't have many markets by us, but we are on Vacation in NJ and they are everywhere! I had some of the best Jersey corn the other night! Gonna get some to take home with us on Wednesday.

Congrats on the loss. You will be at goal soon!

Amber said...

Thanks for supporting me and commenting on my blog. Have a great 4th!

Colie's Kitchen said...

Keep up the good work you are doing great! This will be your week!! Nicole @colieskitchen.com

Michele said...

Looks like you are doing well, Jo. Pushing around that lawn mower is great exercise and strength training. Way to go!. have another great week!