Sunday, April 1, 2012

Ready for Summer Week 1 Report

Hello everyone!  I hope Week 1 went well for everyone and that we are all making positive changes to benefit our health.

Here is my report:

Weight loss:  I wanted to lose 1 lb per week, or show any loss at all.  This week I have lost 2 lbs.  However, I have had less appetite due to bronchitis and complications, so it is not a "real" week for me as far as eating.  Time will tell whether I can maintain this loss.

NSV:  Still undecided.

Exercise:  I did not reach my goal of 2 miles, 5 days per week.  However, I did walk around the neighborhood 4 days and I worked in the garden one afternoon for 3 hours.  Now THAT is some real work!

Nutrition:  I have stayed well under my goal of 1200.  My daily average for the past seven days is 1105.  My highest day was 1440, when there was a restaurant meal involved and I had to estimate.  My lowest day was 690 when I was feeling really rotten and not hungry.  I am getting my 64+ oz of hydration in every day with flying colors.  It is 95% water and the rest is morning coffee, green tea, and one glass of unsweet tea.  I do not drink soda - ever.

This week's mini goal of eating a new veggie turned out to be delish!  I tried kale.  I used it in a soup, along with cabbage, carrots, white beans, green beans, and seasonings, along with a beef broth base.  I made it up as I went along, so I will have to write it down before I forget it.  The kale was tasty and added color to the dish.

The coming week's mini goal of trying a new exercise will probably mean re-acquainting myself with the hula hoop.  I need to firm up my midsection, so that is a perfect way to begin.

I hope everyone has a great week!

12 comments:

Annie, The Amazing Shrinking Girl said...

Great job on hitting the goals for week 1.

E. Jane said...

It sounds like you're doing quite well on your plan. Sorry you haven't been feeling well. That does make it a bit harder in some ways, but it sounds like having less of an appetite wasn't all bad. Have a good week!

The Kaizen Project said...

Sorry you have been under the weather, but hey, a loss is a loss :)
Hope you feel better soon and have a great week 2!

Nanette N. said...

Looks like you did pretty well all the way around! I'm excited to see what you do this upcoming week! I believe you can keep that 2lbs off. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better, you did awesome this week!

Michele said...

Nice work on a two pound loss. I hope you get better soon. You have had a real tough go with that grud. Here is to a more healthier week and maybe another loss!

PlumPetals said...

Hope you feel better soon! Good luck meeting your week 2 goals :)

Caron said...

Hope you feel better and meet all your goals on week two. It's funny that you mentioned the hula hoop. My daughter and I were talking about that yesterday. She thinks it's funny that I can still keep one going. I remind her that I am a first generation hula hooper. Ha ha

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear you didn't feel good last week. Congrats on your loss-I also had a 2 pound loss. :)

I'm liking your idea of hula hooping for exercise-I might have to try that! :)

Shannon
http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

Maren said...

Sorry you are feeling sick. Hope you get better soon!

Casey said...

I've read a lot of bloggers who mention kale. I wish we had a better selection of veggies here!
I can't wait to hear how the hula-hooping goes, I don't know if I could keep one going!
Have a wonderful week.

Kara Lea said...

I love that you're gonna try the hula hoop. Now that sounds like a fun way to exercise!
Have a great week ahead!