Sunday, April 1, 2012

E2E Week 13

Hello everyone!  Week 13 of 14 and how are we doing?  Some of you are rocking.  Some of you are ready to quit.  I remember Mir telling us at the very beginning that quitting is not an option in this challenge.  I took her seriously.  What about you?

There were a couple of times during the past 13 weeks when I DID want to quit.  So I took a step back and thought about what I would gain by quitting.  Nothing but weight, probably.  So I chose to keep going.  Now I'm glad I did. 

It's easy to quit.  It's hard to keep going.

Here is my update:

Weight today:  139.0  ! ! ! ! !  Finally back into the decade I love!  I know I haven't seen the last of the 140's, but it sure feels good to have a few 130-something days.

Waist today:  32.5.  Same.

Calories:  I averaged 1009 per day.  My target is 1200 per day with an absolute cap of 1400.

Sun       990
Mon     1015
Tue       690
Wed     1440 (estimate due to restaurant meal)
Thu       925
Fri        895
Sat       1105

I felt really rotten on Tuesday and had no snacks.  Thus the very low count for that day. 

I am tracking food, calories, hydration, and exercise every day, and am journaling other things that affect my mood or eating or energy patterns.  I think it's all related.

Exercise:  I am getting back into the swing of things, doing some gardening which is lifting and spreading mulch and top soil, moving some plants, and doing some neighborhood walking, too.  I will be back!

Hydration:  Very good every day.  I am back into the habit of keeping a 32 oz bottle on the kitchen counter and drinking from it all day, plus refilling.  This will be even more important as the weather is warming and I am outside more.

Support:  I have been all over the place.  And will be back later today.

Buddy:  Angela and I are keeping up with each other.  She really doesn't need a buddy - she is self-sufficient.  She left a very nice comment on one of my posts on one of those days I was feeling rotten, and I am grateful she is my Bud!

Emotional:  I mentioned in another post that my mind is in a good place.  This is important for me, because I put a lot of stress on myself for whatever reason, and I let others do the same.  I am at peace with my weight and am ready to stop fighting so hard to get it to a place that may be wrong for my body.  If I never weight 135 or 130, my body is healthy and at a good weight and BMI.  So I am going to try to tone up and strengthen it at this point.  I will continue to weigh every day and track everything, but I will not fret about gaining and losing.  It's just what my body is doing to try to find where it needs to be.  I would love to weigh 135 for the summer, but not if it stresses me to do so.  So I am trying to learn acceptance of my body (and other areas of my life) and to feel more peaceful and not always in a struggle with myself.

I made a decision this week, and just said no to something someone had asked me to do.  It felt funny, I felt guilty for awhile, but I have no business spreading my respiratory germs to an elderly family member.  So I declined the request to take her somewhere.  She will find someone else.  I will be fine for having said no.

Reading:  I ordered and received What to Eat by Marion Nestle.  I am just beginning it, so I have no report on it yet. 

Quote: Top right, by Mario Andretti.  I read it every day and ask myself how can I implement it today.

Quitting:  I promise not to ever quit ever amen.  It will not happen.

Okay, we have only one more week to improve ourselves.  Certainly there is something you can do to try to make your body healthier this week.  Take a walk.  Drink your water.  No sweets.  No bread.  Meditate.  Go to Pilates.  Take a walk or bike ride with your family.  Play some sports.  Eat your veggies.  Do SOMETHING to help yourself feel good.  Do it.

Have a great week!

5 comments:

Nanette N. said...

It feels like spring has invigorated people! The gardens, the positive attitudes. You are awesome! Congrats on seeing some 130-ish numbers!

Exercising the ability to say "No." Is powerful. Sometimes it needs to happen. :) Here's to the next week!

Julie said...

I love this update. You're upbeat and inspiring and .... so much. I love it Jo, truly.
I hope you have an excellent week. Blessings my friend!

Angela Pea said...

Hey Jo!!

Good for you for saying "no". I have to work really hard at that myself. Actually saying the word and then squashing the ensuing guilt. We should NEVER feel bad about saying no!

Me? Self-sufficient? LOL!

Have a wonderful week, my friend.

Unknown said...

Sounds great, perfect plans but do you have to weigh every day??? Just saying, that right there seems like a lot of stress... LOL!

Debsdailylife said...

Youre always so uplifting and inspirational!!! Breathe of fresh air!!