Monday, April 9, 2012

RFSC Week 2

I just love our colorful badge!

How did your second week go?  Noticing any improvements yet?

First of all, I will tell you that my new exercise of trying the hula hoop kicked my butt!  However, I am getting a little better at it.  As when we were children and had what seemed hours to play, it is going to just take me some time.  And I have no idea if I'm doing it properly.  But how complicated can hula hooping be, really?

Other updates:

Weight loss:  I maintained this week.  This is good.  I mentioned the prednisone I am taking for bronchitis.  Today was the last dose.  One more dose of antibiotic later today, and a few days of anti-inflammatory and those stupid drugs will be gone.  For a long time, I hope.  I really expected a gain of a couple of pounds this week, but tried to be vigilant with my food, and thankfully it did not happen. 

NSV:  Still undetermined.

Exercise:  I did not make my goal of 2 miles per day, but here is what I DID do:  I helped put in our neighborhood garden.  We picked up rocks, hauled in top soil and manure, dug trenches, planted, watered, moved more rich dirt, lifted, squatted, made countless trips to the water cooler, and got everything planted and watered.  And guess what...we have sprouting beans, cucumbers, okra, squash, spaghetti squash, and have 3 tiny tomatoes and 2 blooms on our peppers.  In addition, I helped Husband wash his truck and my SUV, and planted some annuals in my own flower beds.  So I was quite active, if not keeping up the cardio bursts. 

Nutrition:  My calorie target is 1200 per day.  This week I averaged 1135 per day.  This has been the most consistent week in awhile for calories, with a low of 945 and a high of 1280.  (Easter goes on Week 3's totals, however.)  I have not taken my vitamins and supplements as I should, so that changes NOW.  My hydration has been great, with over 64 oz of mainly water daily.  I am trying to eat more veggies and less meats daily, and have had no sugar and very little flour of any kind. 

This week's goals?  To keep my body moving every day with either dedicated walking or gardening, and to get back to taking my vitamins.  I will do this by measuring out the next dose when I take the current one.  I know it's important for a woman my age and there is no excuse.

I hope everyone has a great week!  Let's keep our momentum going!

15 comments:

Julie said...

I bought a cheap hoola hoop to try this past fall and I'm a dismal failure at it. Maybe I should get an adult one and maybe that would help, haven't a clue but I know it has got to be go for me. You keep up the great work. Enjoy the gardening.
Take care and have a blessed afternoon.

Nanette N. said...

I definitely think all that yardwork is a NSV! Look at all the things you can do! What an amazing body, capable of amazing things!

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Even when I was a kid I could never get the hang of a hula hoop. I've never been coordinated physically. I would love to be able to dance or do zumba or something like that. I did try Jazzersize back in the day and managed to keep up but it was hard for me. You seem to be doing great as always. Keep up the good work. :)

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Sounds to me like you're doing very well. Hula hoop defeated me even as a kid. could not keep it up. Sigh.

On we go...

El said...

maintenance is nothing to turn your nose up at... thats the tricky part :-) congrats on meeting your calorie goal.

Angela Pea said...

Hula Hoop!! Way to GO!! I belong to the "Unable to Keep a Hula Hoop Going Longer than Ten Seconds" Club. Really.

Hmm...I need to remember my vitamins, too. I'll take them for a while and then get lax.

Maren said...

I have NEVER gotten the hula hoop thing down. Really, it's like it just falls straight down no matter what I do!

Caron said...

The hula hoop is a little like a bicycle I think in that you don't totally forget how to do it. Glad you're almost gotten through the medicine. Good luck on the rest of the week. :)

Anonymous said...

Hoola hoop sounds so fun!


"How complicated can it be" <----Haha, there's probably a DVD on that too :)

Bluezy said...

Glad to read your health is improving. Happy Spring time and much success in your new challenge!

Weight Wars said...

Hope you are managing your goals so far this week :)

Karla said...

Fun fun :) maintaining is awesome!!!

PlumPetals said...

I haven't used a hula hoop since I was a kid! Would be fun to try it out again.

Good luck hitting your goals for week 3!

The Kaizen Project said...

This weeks goals are really good, I hope you have had success :) Good luck for your next weigh in.

Jillian said...

I'm glad that you've managed to find contentment in your maintenance. I'm impressed with your hula-hooping diligence, that exercise is SO hard!