Friday, June 8, 2012

Garden Bounty


This eggplant has now perked up and is blooming!

I have been away from Blogville and in the garden!  It looks as if all our squash is going to come in all at once, as well as tomatoes, beans and eggplants.  This week I had an under-ripe spaghetti squash for dinner and it wasn't bad at all!  A neighbor gave me some lettuce and green tomatoes, along with a few small cucumbers.  So it has been fresh veggies already at our house.  I am loving this summer!

I have been journaling every bite, lick and taste, and my calories are anywhere from 700 one day to 1400 another.  It works out that I'm in my 1200 range, so all is well.  And I am doing more walking, but not getting in the 5 miles per day.  But 2 or 3 miles a day counts.  Yes it does! 

Today I am helping a friend get her home ready for guests next week.  I love to clean someone else's house but my own, not so much.  And cleaning does count as exercise, too.  Moving furniture, washing windows, yes it all counts.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am officially jealous. We have had a dreary few weeks and nothing is growing.

I wish I could be happy with 700 calories in a day. Oh how I wish.

I like cleaning friends houses too. My own BLAH!

Bluezy said...

Yep I like cleaning friends places, too.

Sharon said...

You are always such an encouragement to me to step out and find new ways to serve others. There is always something you are doing to help someone else in every post. This is the way we are meant to live and I appreciate that trait in you. It's obviously just a natural part of who you are and how you live your days.

Empty Nester said...

This is the third year in a row that my squash has died on me. But everything else is coming right along! It's a shame about the squash and zucchini though- we eat TONS of it all the time!