And here we are already at the end of Week 2! How are you doing so far? I am loving these weekly challenges.
I am not posting my weight this week. I am trying to take some of this dieting stress away, and not focusing so much on the scale is a large part of it. I have always been one to say that the scale is only one way of measuring, and I do believe that, but sometimes I give it too much credit and too much focus. So I am focusing on other things, such as exercise and better nutrition, and knocking the scale down a notch or two.
From Week 1, I am still journalling everything I am eating. This week's calories averaged 1059 per day and following is each day's total:
Sun 1200
Mon 1150
Tue 1100
Wed 1460
Thu 835
Fri 750
Sat 920
This week I feel as if I have failed to add everything, because it seems I have eaten more. But perhaps I have just made better choices and gotten more out of my calories than usual.
From Week 2, I have exercised more than the 6 hours recommended. I am getting out there every day and walking for 45 minutes, as well as two additional dog walks. I got my bike out and rode it around the neighborhood 3 days for 20 minutes or so each time, and I have been digging and hauling dirt from one place to another in the garden.
I mentioned in my previous post that I am enjoying exercise again. I don't know what switch has flipped, but this is very good. I credit this challenge and Deanna's Five Mile Challenge for the month of June for making me want to get out there and doing some "planned" exercise. The nice 75 degree weather is helping, also. At the end of the coming week I plan to add some running.
For Week 3 we will "TRY A NEW FITNESS ACTIVITY OR PIECE OF EQUIPMENT." I have two things in mind and will choose one and then report how it goes a bit later.
Off topic now...I have just learned that a good friend's husband has left her and their one-year-old yesterday. How could a man just pack up and leave the day before Father's Day?
Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!

7 comments:
I don't understand anyone making that decission. I have seen it happen enough in my daycare business and it is just so darn terrible, sad and really a stupid thing. I hope she has family and friends to lean on, she'll need them.
You rock Jo. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Take care and God Bless!!
I love when people post that they are out there loving exercise! I think everyone has such a great mindset about this challenge and I love hearing how each of you are approaching it.
Sounds like you have been doing awesome with calories and eating AND exercising! Good for you! look forward to hearing about this week;s challenge and what you decide to do.
Sorry to hear about your friend. I have no idea what would make a man do that - I take it your friend was rather blindsided by this? I think walking out on someone without a discussion is a cowardly thing to do. Hope your friend can find some peace in all of this soon.
I admire your very low calorie days, Jo. Wow, a day with only 750 cals! I could not do that.
I am so glad you are enjoying exercise more. I just find it so wonderful to be able to do something outdoors and be physical at the same time. Love the fact that you got your bike out TWICE!!! Maybe you will really enjoy riding that bike of yours!
Sorry about your friend and the baby, too. That hurts...
Hi! From reading your "About Me," great job on losing the 30 pounds! That's where I'm at right now--needing to lose them--after having lost them once before. And, being 60 years old, I would also like to get off the BP meds. Great meeting you.
So many different kinds of exercise - that is terrific. I wonder if you are feeling more hungry with the exercise. So amazing to keep your calories so low.
Hope weigh in shows a payoff for all your hard work!
That is such terrible news. I hope your friend is processing and moving forward.
I hope your week is shaping up well! This is a friendly, mid week reminder of your commitments to your body! :) Happy losing!
You're doing great with your exercising and keeping your calories in check! Keep it up!
So sorry to hear about your friend. Very sad. I wish her the best.
Post a Comment