Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Sizzle Slimdown Week 1


I'm not sizzling yet, but summer isn't quite here yet, either.  And I am working on it!

Starting weight:  147
Today's weight:  147
This is good.  Maintaining is good. 

I didn't get my pics done, but since I'm the same weight, they will be the same.

Starting waist:  34
Today's waist:  34
Same here, too. 

Okay now for journalling.  I did journal everything this week.  I have done it for the past two years, so it's nothing new or difficult for me.  As some of you know, I have been trying calorie cycling.  So here are my calories for the week:

Sun   1025
Mon   945
Tue  1200
Wed 1490
Thu   830
Fri  1585
Sat  1095

This is an average of 1167 per day.  I have been eating lots of fresh veggies from my garden and the usual salads, more fish, no sugar, no sodas, very little processed, and very few restaurant meals.  Oh, and very little bread, too.  This week I am pleased to report there was NO fast food!  Rarely is there a week totally without at least one drive-thru meal.

I do feel in control of my calories and food choices, as I have worked very hard for the past two years to focus on improving my diet and nutrition.  I will continue to journal every day.  It's the only way I can stay in control.  However, I do not feel as focused on the exercise front. 

And that is where Week 2's Weekly Challenge is going to help me.  It is "SIX HOURS OF EXERCISE."  I am planning on one hour per day.  It may be broken up or done all at once, depending on the weather (lots of rain today and tomorrow is expected), and if I have a walking buddy or am alone, as well as whatever life brings me this week.  What I would really like to do is get in a routine again, where I have a certain time of day designated for exercise.  It used to be after work.  Then it was first thing in the morning.  It has become whenever I think about or feel like it, and this is not working.  So I am going to try to get back to first thing in the morning.  I love the morning air and the way the sun shines then, as well as getting out before the neighborhood traffic gets busy.  I know I can do it and am working on getting my head into it.  

So I will get a short walk in later today, and then tomorrow morning I will hit the street while the coffee is brewing.  What an incentive! 

I hope everyone is doing well, whatever your goals may be.  Have a great week!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your calorie cycling. The longer I am on this weight loss / maintenance thing the more I relies I just can't keep doing the same thing day in and day out. switching it up seems to work best for me.

The Kaizen Project said...

Maintaining is good, and NO fast food for the week is even better! Well done. Good luck for week 2 :)

Nanette N. said...

Good job tracking, lady! I'm proud of you... That's turned into a tough one for me. Which is weird, bc I did it so well for like... 9 months.

Was it you that said you live upstate in NY? I would love to meet up sometime and run in Central Park or up there or something... SWIMMING... *drool*

Nicole said...

Maintaining certainly isn't a bad thing! You are doing great!!!

Colie's Kitchen said...

Maintaining isn't a bad thing! It is much better than a gain!! Great job and next week will be even better

Debsdailylife said...

JO!! What an awesome week!!! Youre rockin it girl!!! I know you can pull out 6 hours of exercise this week!!!

Bluezy said...

Great idea about doing it when the coffee is brewing.

Michele said...

Looks like you had. Good week. I think I will track for the rest of my life. Like you, it is the only real way I can keep a breast if hat goes in my mouth!

Caron said...

Really good week! I'm peeking in on the people in this challenge although I decided not to join. Hope this next week is good too. :)

Julie said...

I'm working on the tracking thing and will try and keep it up forever. You really are doing good. Keep it up. Walking in the morning is really best but I find it sorta hard to get up now that I don't have too. I know you'll do awesome Jo.
Take care and Good Luck this week. Blessings!!

PlumPetals said...

Wow! That's an excellent week! Great job with controlling your calories - that plus the exercise is going to lead to the results you want to see in no time!