Okay, halfway through this already?? Well, it has helped me get through most of the winter, the after-holiday letdown, the February cabin fever days, the cold and snowy weather. Thank you again, Mir, for hosting this challenge at this time of year, when most of us are whiney and depressed.
I am changing up my report this week, as it is the halfway mark and I have been telling you the same old thing from week to week. Here's what Mir asked for:
This is the part I don't like - posting pics of myself. But I agreed to the challenge rules and I will do it.
Ewwww! Okay, to my weight and waist:
Weight at beginning of challenge: 138 lbs
Weight today: 139 lbs. I am trying to maintain in the 130's. Mission accomplished in the first seven weeks. I did hit 141 last week and man, was it a shocker! Luckily, it wasn't on weigh-in day. It's SO easy to let the weight creep up.
Waist at beginning of challenge: 33 inches
Waist today: 32 inches. Success.
Hit or miss with goals: I am hitting it as to calories. My target average daily calories are 1200, with a cap of 1500.
Average daily calories:
Week 1 : 1208
Week 2: 1187
Week 3: 1083
Week 4: 1121
Week 5: 1348
Week 6: 1186
Week 7: 1044
For Week 7 my lowest day was 715 and my highest day was 1385. I am not consistent on purpose, as I like my body to not know what to expect.
I am hitting it with hydration.
I am missing it with exercise. I am not consistent. I am not motivated. I am exercising, but...My initial goal for this challenge was to become a runner. Well, I do run some, but I am still more of a run/walker. Or walk/runner. Some people believe if you run at all, you are a runner. I'm not there yet. But I have seven more weeks, and my 5K is March 24th, so there is some good incentive. I just don't know what I need here. I have a lot of "reasons" and "excuses" but what it comes down to is lack of motivation. Period. I am motivated to stay under 140 lbs. I am motivated to get healthy. I am motivated to make good food choices. I am motivated to look good and get compliments, but I am not motivated to get my ass up and hit the treadmill or the road. I so admire you who walk in the snow, rain, get up early or stay up late to go to the gym, on and on. It's just not there for me. Have any of you read any good exercise-related motivational books? I'm open for suggestions here. I would preach to you that it's so simple, but at this particular time I can't take my own advice.
I am hitting it with support for fellow challengers, as well as my buddy Angela, and other blogs out there. This is important to me, and it's also important for me to get support from you. Or a kick in the butt from you. Honestly, I kick myself a lot harder than you kick me.
I think I'll keep my original quote, by Mario Andretti, above right sidebar.
My main issue is motivation, as I said. We all go through these stages. Sometimes it's too much sugar, too much caffeine, too much wine, an injury or health problem, family drama, work, school, kids, but we all come out of it sooner or later. I will, too.
Where do you go for motivation? Send me some sources. Give me some ideas. Toss me a crumb.
Okay, Onward this week! We have a lot to get done before swimsuit time.

10 comments:
Jo, You have done really great and I am proud of you. You deserve and big hug and also some appreciation for the support you have offered others. Thank you very much and congrats on a job well done.
EWWWW?!?!?!? OH JO!! Id love to have that stomach. Trade ya :).... OK Ill just work for it!!! Have a wonderful week!!
This sounds kinda terrible, but I get motivated by knowing how hard it is... I like to do hard things. I love bodyrock.tv because extremely fit people doing the videos are near barfing at the end. For some reason it makes me want to do it.
On my crap days, knowing my trainer is driving across town to spend time with me... I just can't cancel.
Jo, WOW!!! Now that is the waist I would love to have. Now I know I have lots more work to do so I can have at least a tiny bit like yours. You are doing great Jo. Maintaining and toning...WONDERFUL!!!
Take care and keep up the great work. Blessings my friend!!
I recently discover podcasts. Three years ago Oprah and Bob Greene did a few related to "Live your best life." They are terrific. Free and highly motivating for me. Take a look. Have a great week, and as always thanks for stopping by my blog too! Have a good week!
I would like to lose an inch or two off my waist. Good job on that!
Right on - congrats and good work. That takes a lot to work into your life and maintain the consistency. For motivation - music...gets me going and remembering things like this - (basic message it won't be easy) http://www.theroadtoslimcity.com/post/12479508425/amen
Motivation.... I see it as that high that the crack head is always trying to chase down. Bad analogy??? LMAO!! It's true though. You find that motiviation and when you do you are rocking it, loving it and doing so well but then it sort of fizzles and you are on the chase to find it again yet it never seems quite the same as the last time. We are all motivated differently also so it's hard to find that thing that really triggers it for each of us so that we can get back to it again. I'm working on finding it again this week. I've been working on it for the past couple weeks but no more excuses for me... I just gotta find it or else.... or else I just keep looking cause I'm with you and not giving up;-)
Toss you a crumb...ooooh, I've been slacking, huh?
Motivation is a slippery demon. Some folks just latch on and generate their own, others struggle with just getting up in the morning. I don't know if I can offer you any concrete motivation; however, I CAN tell you what motivates me. Maybe the same things will kick your pants as well!
Seeing my rib cage and collar bones again. Hello, bones!! Look - you're still here.
Witnessing the overall health improvements. My last A1c was 5.2, which tells me I'm doing stuff right! My total cholesterol has dropped from 223 to 172. My blood pressure stays in a normal range, even on stressful days.
Admiring my muscles. Holy cow, I have biceps, and triceps, and quads and calves. And you can see them. Without a magnifying glass.
Being able to keep up. I cut into they guys' insanity workout yesterday, and was able to finish the class. It was much more fun that the hour on the elliptical that I had originally planned.
Clothes. More clothes! Oh lordy, I can buy clothes in a regular store again! Clothing with style, shape and form. Bright colors! Nice fabrics! No more XXXL dresses from Omar the Tentmaker!
Comfort. I can move comfortably. I can sit, stand, squat, lift, reach and stretch without pain. I can schlep groceries from van to pantry without getting winded. I can bike for miles, walk for hours without that "I think I'm going to die" sensation. I can actually run, like sprint across the yard. I can climb endless flights of stairs without tears.
Jo, you're doing just fine. You have a scream weight (140) and you're staying below it. Whoot!
As for exercise, it's a habit for me now. You have to purposefully go after it in order to make it a habit. Your new mantra can be "Suck It Up, Buttercup", then just do it. It takes longer to argue with yourself about it than it does to actually go outside and walk. And then you're left with the guilt when you choose not to do it. Just let go, get it done, and then you're free for the rest of the day! Repeat every day for about two months, and bam. You have an exercise habit.
Have a wonderful, marvelous, fantastic day, my friend!
SWAK
You are doing great maintaining! I like that scream weight idea! I'm sure it works as a motivator, too.
I like listening to fat2fit radio. They have great podcasts from everything on weight loss to maintaining. Check it out here! http://www.fat2fitradio.com/
Post a Comment