Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spring Chick Update #7

I'm spinning my wheels here.  Calories averaged 1044 per day.  This is becoming a habit.  But I can not dedicate myself to exercise.  I am active.  I walk every day.  But not for long enough.  I lift light weights 2 or 3 times a week.  But not enough reps.  I am just not there with the exercise.  That is my main focus this week.  Exercise.  Exercise.  Run a little more.  Run.  Run...

I remained sweets free, except for 4 Skittles.  Why did I bother with only 4?  Someone handed them to me.  I could have declined them.  I could have put them in my pocket for "later."  I could have spit them out.  But no, I did the "weakling" thing and ate them.  No damage done, but it would have been so easy to just not put them in my mouth.  Sigh.

Workouts?  Well, I wouldn't call them workouts.  I am moving my body.  I am quite active.  But I had no dedicated workouts.  This week my focus is...workouts.

Water consumption:  Very good.

Mini-challenges:  I love them.  Just little things we can do to hopefully develop better habits.

What did I do for myself that was fun?  I watched a movie with a couple of my friends.  We rented it from Dish and had a girls' afternoon. 

Week 8 goals: 
How will I...
Be active:  Start working in earnest on running the 5K at the end of March.  In.  Earnest.
Eat right:  I have bought fresh strawberries, blueberries, apples, yogurt, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, as well as frozen mixed veggies.  I am armed with good-for-me foods.  I will have one restaurant meal, and be cautious about what I order.  AND leave some of it on the plate.
Find support:  Right here.
Have fun:  Don't know yet.  Maybe it will find me this week.

I hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

Nanette N. said...

Your calorie intake is fantastic and your goals and your water consumption! Just fantastic all the way around! Beef up your exercise, missus! :)

Kimberly said...

I'm with you on the excercise Jo...gotta get more serious. Let's do it!!!

Jordan said...

You're getting most of it together! I was down on myself in January for the same thing - not pushing myself hard enough. I had a goal that I was going to do boy pushups, but I just *don't like* doing them, so I was kinda avoiding the whole thing. When I gave myself permission to drop the stuff I don't enjoy, it got easier (well, easier to work hard anyway). Some coworkers are doing Insanity and they say I should join them, but they really push it! I'm embarrassed that I'll wimp out in front of them!