Please accept my apology for not posting last week's update. I was in a bad place emotionally due to a "life situation" which may seem like a flimsy excuse, but it was major for me. Things are better for now and I am here this week. I did not fall off the wagon.
Working toward my ultimate NSV of getting off b/p meds and getting cholesterol down: This week was not good because I had three restaurant meals and didn't work as hard toward home food preparation and getting all my veggies in. It's okay. It was just three meals and didn't derail me for the rest of the day or the rest of the week. I was away from home and had to avoid hypoglycemia. I admit I didn't make the best choices, but the choices I did make were within my calorie target range, just not the most healthy. It's behind me and I am moving forward.
My "other" short-term NSV goal of improving my one mile time is in my focus every day. I talked with one of my friends who will do the 5K with me and we are going to do some practice walks along the official course. This will be in March.
Nutrition paramaters and tracking: Although I didn't make excellent choices all week, my average calories are decent. My daily goal is 1200 with a cap of 1500. My average daily calories this week were 1348. Not stellar. And too many for me to lose any weight. Along with restaurant meals comes sodium, MSG, and fat. I feel there is too much of all that in my body and am hitting the water hard this next week. There was too much bread this week, although I did pinch around the edges and not eat extra from the bread basket. There was no extra sugar, and for that I am very proud.
Exercise: Only 4 out of 7. I am not going to beat myself up for this. Some days you just do all you can do, physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Period.
Blogging: I missed last weekend's update, but I did do a post later, although very whiney. If you haven't read it, don't.
Support: I have supported a lot this week. I got started early in the week, then when my week turned rotten I let up, and have tried to catch up in the last day or two. Hoping for a better week in this area.
In looking over what I have written here, there is no category in which I did well. But I did something in every area working toward my overall health. Again, I am NOT off the wagon.
The best thing I did this week was to spend time with my Little Girl, who is my cousin's granddaughter. She is almost 4 years old and the light of my life. I call it Girl Therapy. It is better than garden therapy, or kitchen therapy, or laundry therapy, or even retail therapy.
The worst thing I did is something I can't talk about here. I hope it's over.
I don't need a buddy for the rest of the challenge, because I have all of you! ;-) And I am grateful for you.
The water challenge: I drink water only except for morning coffee, 1 cup, and an occasional diet green tea. That's as good as it gets. BUT, in order to feel a part of the challenge, I am going to drink MORE water. My usual goal is 64 oz per day, and I will increase this to an even 80 oz.
Let's do this!
Exercise: Only 4 out of 7. I am not going to beat myself up for this. Some days you just do all you can do, physically, emotionally, and otherwise. Period.
Blogging: I missed last weekend's update, but I did do a post later, although very whiney. If you haven't read it, don't.
Support: I have supported a lot this week. I got started early in the week, then when my week turned rotten I let up, and have tried to catch up in the last day or two. Hoping for a better week in this area.
In looking over what I have written here, there is no category in which I did well. But I did something in every area working toward my overall health. Again, I am NOT off the wagon.
The best thing I did this week was to spend time with my Little Girl, who is my cousin's granddaughter. She is almost 4 years old and the light of my life. I call it Girl Therapy. It is better than garden therapy, or kitchen therapy, or laundry therapy, or even retail therapy.
The worst thing I did is something I can't talk about here. I hope it's over.
I don't need a buddy for the rest of the challenge, because I have all of you! ;-) And I am grateful for you.
The water challenge: I drink water only except for morning coffee, 1 cup, and an occasional diet green tea. That's as good as it gets. BUT, in order to feel a part of the challenge, I am going to drink MORE water. My usual goal is 64 oz per day, and I will increase this to an even 80 oz.
Let's do this!

5 comments:
Every step towards better health is to be applauded- no matter the size of the step! And you took steps in the right direction. So, I applaud you! :) Life tries so hard to sabotage us, but it will soon find out that we are stronger than those obstacles!
I think it is terrific that your calories came in around 1300 even on a very uneven and eventful week. Here is hoping for a smoother week and maybe a little more success on all your goals.
I know exactly what you mean by girl therapy. Watching my grandbabies is just that for me.
Have a great week, Jo!
So sorry you had a hard week and life problems. Hope it's all sorted for the better now. Hugs!
Here's to a better week. We are on this journey together and for life so let's enjoy it right.
Water makes a significant difference. Sending good vibes your way, I hope this week is a huge success!!
Post a Comment