Thursday, February 9, 2012

I Excel at Something

This week it is bloggy support.  I have read and read and read some more.  I have commented all over the place. 

Maybe next week I will excel at weight loss.  Or miles walked/run.  (That's a joke.)

But I do think it's important to support each other, even if it's just leaving a "Good Job!" here and there.  Isn't that why we're here?  To get ideas from each other?  Maybe I don't have your exact problem today, but next week when I'm wondering what's wrong with me, I'm going to remember that I read something about that last week.  And hopefully I'm going to remember where it was and how to go back and find it.  Or maybe this week I'm not particularly interested in low-carbing it.  But next week I may wake up and think, "This is the week for low-carb.  I think I'll go check out fill-in-the-blank's blog and see what she's been eating.  Or maybe I never considered kettleballs.  But one day I will need a change and I'll go in search of a beginner's workout. 

Love the camaraderie!

Mid-week report?  I regret to report that I have gained 3 lbs.  I can't for the life of me figure out why.  I have meticulously journaled every morsel I have put in my mouth.  Every ounce of water.  No extra salt.  No cravings, no binges.  I'm telling myself to not get bent out of shape about it.  But 3 lbs in one week is extreme for me.  (I am post-menopausal, for TMI, so there's no excuse for me there.)  Also, I'm exhausted.  Which is not normal for me.

So I'm not going to panic.  I'm going to try to change up what I'm eating - get some different fruits and veggies from the same old same old that I'm used to.  Cabbage is a dieuretic, right?  I've seen some of you gain 3 or 4 pounds when you thought you should have lost, and things do turn around.  But I'm going to pay strict attention to putting real foods into my body, and hope by weigh-in on Sunday it's all straightened out.  I'm probably doing some stress eating - a handful of this or that, but I do write those things down and count them.  Anyway...

Onward!

7 comments:

Karen Butler Ogle said...

Hang in there, Jo and thanks for your support this past week. I appreciate it very much. :)

Nanette N. said...

It's so lovely to have people reading! :) I spend a lot of time at a desk during the day... and thus, on my computer. I look forward to new blog posts like emails some days.

That is a very mysterious 3lbs. It helped me to change when I'm exercising and what kind of exercising I was doing when I got stuck either on the same number or the number going the wrong direction. Stick to! (p.s. been pooping like a champion? That can be a good couple of pounds in there).

Jordan said...

It's the best you can do. This is the rest of your life here, and this is gonna happen. How you react determines if it's a blip or something else. Sounds like you're reacting positively and constructively! Watch - there'll be a big whoosh down one of these days because you stayed consistent

Anonymous said...

Soryr about the frustrating gain. It may just be very body giving you a hard time. We keep doing the right things and I beat your body will get back in line.

Julie said...

The scale does what it wants from day to day so don't fret. Our bodies hold on to things a bit longer at times and then the scale moves. It will Jo, you are doing so fantastic don't worry.
Take care and have a blessed day!!

Trece said...

I saw your comment on Chris' blog. When you wrote, "The only way to stop the madness is to stop the madness", something in me just STOPPED. Sat up. Paid attention. Thank you. Those words are an incredible gift. Thank you.

S said...

Agreed, I totally blog to be a part of the give and take of ideas, tips and encouragement. It's another format for support.