Friday, February 3, 2012

Groundhog Day

Please, Mir, let me have a Groundhog Day episode!

I failed to do my mid-week update.  So what I would like to do is turn back the clock to yesterday, Thursday, which also happened to be Groundhog Day, and do this post as if it came in yesterday.

My week has been topsy-turvy.  The week from hell.  Family drama.  Illness.  A letdown by friends.  Mental illness and instability.  My heart is broken.  I feel a ton of guilt.  I am embarrassed.  I am sick with worry.  I feel as if I may be having a breakdown.  I have been hurt and betrayed.  I could go on, but you get it. 

All of this from an outside situation that I have gotten too involved in.  I need to pull away and that is exactly what is going to happen. 

What does this have to do with weight loss and health?  Probably nothing to do with weight loss, but a helluva lot to do with health.  And if I don't get a grip on things, I will be ruining mine. 

But I am still doing well with no sweets.  I am not overeating.  I am not eating the "wrong" foods:  i.e. bread, sugar, carbs, processed.  I am weighing every day and journaling my food, including counting calories.  I am taking my vitamins.  I am trying to meditate.  I am not angry.  I am getting enough rest, trying to drink enough water, keeping my household running as usual.  I am NOT off the wagon.

For the next few days I will be refocusing on some of my relationships and renewing some others I have withdrawn from. 

I will not quit.  Period.

4 comments:

Christine said...

ahhh, you put your intentions out there and the universe responds...'let's see if you are serious'. I am sorry your week has been soooo awful. I can empathise. Glad you are hanging in there...

E. Jane said...

Sorry that you are involved in a situation, but glad that you are moving on out of it. Also, it sounds like you're doing well with your food and other weight loss related activities. Glad you're hanging in there. Have a great weekend!

Maren said...

Good! Quitting just makes it harder to start back up again. :)

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Stress wreaks havoc. You knew that. i'm sorry you have had this bad time, the pain. And yes, look at it, choose the wise path.

I'm sorry I missed this earlier, but i'm sending a prayer for much grace upon you.