Monday, June 4, 2012

New Challenges

I am jumping in with a quick post to say that I am in two new challenges.

The first one is for the "Five Mile Challenge" and is hosted by Deanna at Me and You Getting Fit at Home

The focus is to walk/hike/run/bike five miles for 20 days during the month of June.  I know going in that I can not do 5 miles for 20 out of 30 days, but I am going to give it a go.  I will only be better for having tried, and Deanna is okay with this.

The second challenge is the "Summer Sizzle Slimdown Challenge" and is hosted by Rochelle at Does My Butt Make This Blog Look Fat?. 



This one has flexible guidelines and weekly challenges.  It runs from June 3rd through September 2nd.

We are supposed to take pics of before and after.  I will do this later, as I will have to get a friend to take them.

We are supposed to take measurements.  I will do this today and post (some of) them later.

We are supposed to weigh in weekly and post on Sunday.  My beginning weight is 147.  I'm going to take baby steps here and have a first goal of losing 5 lbs.  Just 5 lbs.  (These are 5+ pounds that I have already lost and regained.)  Then I will set another goal, if and when I lose the first 5.  As I am on the end of my weight loss leg of this journey, these last pounds will be difficult to lose, AND difficult to keep away, as I have already found.  Grrr!

I am looking forward to both of these challenges, as I have some old friends in both, and will be making some new friends throughout. 

Let's start walking and sizzling for summer!

More later...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for sharing my challenge on your blog. I am off to check out the other challenge too. Sounds great. :)

Shannon said...

I'm joining in the 1st one-probably won't be able to do the full 5 miles that many times but we will see! I'm staying positive that at least it will encourage to add to my miles! :)

Shannon
http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

Bluezy said...

Thank you for sharing this. I really need the 5 mile challenge to keep me on track of this new exercise phase of my journey.

Julie said...

YEAH!!! I am so glad we are in this together. You can do this girl, I know it. Good luck. Take care and have a blessed day!

Rochelle said...

Jo,
I'm happy you are joining the challenge! I have heard that when you get down toward your goal weight it gets tough to lose the pounds, so it seems like you are setting some great and realistic goals for yourself! I like the other challenge that you are doing too - 5 miles in 20/3 days! I might even try that!

PlumPetals said...

Good luck with both challenges!! :)