
Hello Readers,
This morning I took my walk early. I was about halfway through it and was doing my second 50-yard dash portion when I came upon a warning truck that was escorting a bushhog and tractor. The county has been cutting the overhang and roadside weeds for the past couple of weeks and finally got to our little neighborhood. Anyhoo, her job was to stop the traffic coming upon the bushhog. She radioed ahead to the person on the other end of the road and said, " I have a runner coming through." Nope, folks, there was no one on the road but me. Highlight of my week, probably.
On another topic, my weekend eating was not good. I had a restaurant meal on Friday and did not make good choices. I had another one on Saturday and made better choices. Sunday was better, but not good. I am still trying to wash all the sodium and msg and whatever else they put in restaurant food to preserve it and make it taste good. On the positive side, I did walk between 2 and 3 miles each of the 3 days, so all was not lost.
So I wouldn't say I fell off the wagon or had a major binge, but I definitely ate "off plan." So today it's back to eating my own cooking and no more restaurant food for a few days.
My plan for this week is to remember to drink 64 oz of water every day, walk/run every day between 2 and 3 miles, and order the salad at the next 3 restaurant opportunities. Now that I have walked 3 miles 3 times in one week, I am going to work on 4. The weather is beautiful now, so now should be the time to put forth some extra effort, and perhaps get ahead of the winter hibernation habit. This is my plan, and I have written it out. Doing it is altogether different.
So wish me perseverance for my exercising, and please don't bash me too much for my bad weekend choices. It's just life, after all.
I need to remember that this is not a diet, it is a way of life, and to not be my own worst enemy.
Thank you for reading.
14 comments:
Bash you? How could anyone bash you after a 2/3 mile walk each day??? Even if you hadn't, no one that truly knows what it's like to try and loose weight would bash you.
You're human, period. A lot of blogs I read lately (even people that have been there!) act like it's easy and it's just NOT.
Don't concentrate on the bad, concentrate on the good- and you have been doing good!!!! GREAT even :) Just keep on going Runner!!! :)
Congratulations, Runner Jo! It's great when someone else affirms what you are. You've got it. A good plan and the knowledge to do it. Go for it.
First, congrats on being called a runner! That would have made my day.
Second, don;t beat yourself up about the weekend and DON'T allow the weekend choices to make it okay to stop your journey or let those "voices" that say it is okay this once to overtake you. Keep strong, we all slip up sometimes. Michele
Well hey there Runner Girl!!!! I bet that felt FANTASTIC!!! I would still be floating if I were you, lol.
Why does restaurant food taste better than food at home? SOOOOOOOO not fair!! lol :)
We're not here to judge you, we're here to support and encourage you. No bashings here :)
I agree with the above. Seems restaurant eating is a pitfall for all of us. I like the salad goal, but I'm sure you know to be even be careful with that. Checking various restaurant nutritional info, I find that salads are often some of the highest calorie items on the menu. Sad, but true!
You are doing wonderfully. You are up and moving, yes you ate out, and the choices weren't the greatest. Like you said it's a life long habit and if we can't eat out and enjoy and then just do better then it's not worth it at all. You really are doing great. I like the runner part, so cool really.
Keep up the great work. I know you'll do fine.
Take care and God Bless!!
What a great NSV ("Runner")!!
Hey, to add to your tagline, it is not a diet, it is a way of life. It is also not a sprint, it is a marathon. You didn't develop bad habits over night and you aren't gonna fix them over night either. So just be mindful of the things you wanna change, and make mental notes (like you did) of what you will do to change that next time the situation presents itself. You got this!
I couldn't bash you without bashing myself, and wouldn't do either.
We ate out on Sunday and after we got our food my husband said "I thought you were going to eat salad first". So did I! Like they say, "The best laid plans"!
Support...we all need it. First of all, way to go runner! Shane's right, it is a marathon. The marathon of our life. Sometimes we have to eat at restaurants (though from what I've been finding out about them I avoid them as much as possible - those sneaky buggers) - at least you didn't use it as an excuse to go crazy. You are doing fine, Jo. Keep up the good attitude.
"Runner", I like that and I'm pleased for you too.
I am here to call you a RUNNER. Hope you are Ok with that.
How has your plan for the week been going so far?
Thanks for the excellent words of support on my blog today; much appreciated!
I have an award for you HERE
Post a Comment