Hello Readers,
An update on my challenges:
Hot 100:
1. Keep my daily calories between 1000 and 1300. My average for the past week is 1218 per day. And I kicked butt on Thanksgiving, coming in at 1600 even with cornbread dressing!
2. Exercise: To walk/run at least 2 miles, 4 times per week, and do some other form of exercise on the other days. This will be a combination of light weights, squats, pushups, bike riding, gardening, jumping rope, hula hoop, dancing, and pretty much anything that counts as exercise. Done 3 days. Not good.
3. Watch food portions, and no seconds, unless they are veggies or fruit. Done.
4. Drink at least 64 oz of water per day. I am still drinking over 100 oz per day.
It's just not happening for me in the exercise department. My motivation is not there. This week I will focus on this and try to find something I enjoy doing.
I Refuse to Blow It Challenge, sponsored by Ice Queen:
The goal here is to NOT GAIN WEIGHT over the holidays. I have LOST 6 pounds since Sept. 23rd, the beginning of the challenge. (Drum roll.) That includes 1 POUND lost this past week. Yay!
Double Dog Dare Calorie Challenge, Phase II:
I've got to give Allan the credit he is due here. If it weren't for this challenge and his tough talk, I wouldn't have done so well at Thanksgiving. He keeps us focused by blogging 3 or 4 times per day and reminding us to drink our water. He keeps us motivated by giving us weight loss facts in plain and simple language. He supports us personally via private email and beats us over the head publicly. Gotta love someone who would put in the time to do all that. Thanks, Allan. Seriously, thanks.
Okay, everyone have a great weekend. I will be trying to find my exercise mojo.



7 comments:
Wow! Great job over thanksgiving. That's great.
I agree with you we need to give Allan a lot of credit. I know he keeps me motivated and I love reading his blog or getting a smart ass remark from him when I have gone to Sonic.. You just got to love him....
Even without the exercise, you did a great job this week! Woot!
Sounds like allot of success going on here. Well done, bring on December I say!
Excellent job, Jo !!!
I found great success in bringing down my cholesterol numbers by substituting tofu for meat 2-3 meals a week, or going meatless for 2-3 days per week (in other words). It doesn't have to be tofu ... just having meatless dishes (and no dairy) on those days really helps.
When do you go for your next test? I go in mid-January for a follow-up.
Sometimes if I don't feel like going to the gym, I just walk outside - its always so refreshing when I get done!
Hope you find your mojo, but congrats on the weight loss! :D
WOW!!! and WAHOO!!! 1218 average during a big Holiday. Wow that is indeed a WIN!!! Great job on the Hottie Challenge!
Post a Comment