The big day has come and gone, and has not left much damage here. I spent some time making a plan that would allow both Husband and I to enjoy the meal. I stuck to the plan. Husband was very satisfied with the food and the spirit of the day.
I listed my meal plan in my last post. I did make the Waldorf salad, but we ate cranberries instead, so the salad is for today. But it's fruit and olive oil mayo, a few walnuts and Craisins, so pretty harmless. The rest of the planned meal was served.
I started the day with plenty of water. Breakfast was oatmeal with raisins. Lunch was tuna salad (of course) with 1 piece of multigrain bread and 3 saltines. Thus far I have 445 calories.
My entire Thanksgiving dinner was 860 calories. So even allowing 300 calories for the "bites and tastes" I took throughout the day, I came in around 1600 calories. I believe what saved me was no bread, no dessert, and no seconds. Oh, and plenty of water throughout the day.
I am so happy about this. I had in my head a limit of 2000 calories, so I was well under that. I have proven to myself that with a little pre-planning, and changing a few ingredients to make the dishes healthier, I can make it through any holiday foodfest. If I don't do the cooking I will have no control over the ingredients, but I can pretty well tell by looking and tasting if a food is not something I should be eating.
I did weigh Thursday morning, and was down another pound. I will use that weigh-in for my "official" weigh-in this week, as I know I have some sodium hanging on today. A good day of water will take care of that.
This was a real test for me, mentally, at least, and I feel confident going into the Christmas foodfest.
I hope everyone had a successful, "on plan" day yesterday. I learned a lot by having survived it with my "plan" intact. If you fell off the wagon flat on your face, get back up and hold on tight. Get back on your plan NOW, not tomorrow.
Challenge updates later.
Onward and downward!
3 comments:
Hey Jo, great job!! I had a plan that did not fall flat on it's face but did not live up to its billing either. I got 500 more calories than the plan had in it. I may not have actually gone that much over but some stuff I overguessed just in case in. I just know I went over and it was mostly because of sweets. I only had a little of the stuff I wanted, but they add up fast even if it is just a little. So my plan is to keep myself under the 1500 calories a day bank by 250 calories for the rest of the weekend. still banging away at my 5 mile walks though! again, that is so great that you kicked hiney on Thanksgiving Day.
Good for you. Yesterday, I noticed that I just don't have the same capacity I used to for putting away large quantities of food. That's a good thing.
Good job Jo! You should be proud, you did great!I knew you would :)
Post a Comment