Saturday, November 20, 2010

Update on Challenges

Hello again, Readers,

It's time for a Challenge Update:

Hot 100:

1. Keep my daily calories between 1000 and 1300. My average for the past week is 1233 per day.

2. Exercise: I will walk/run at least 2 miles, 4 times per week, and do some other form of exercise on the other days. This will be a combination of light weights, squats, pushups, bike riding, gardening, jumping rope, hula hoop, dancing, and pretty much anything that counts as exercise. Done 4 days.  I can do better than this.
3. Watch food portions, and no seconds, unless they are veggies or fruit.  Done.

4. Drink at least 64 oz of water per day. I am still drinking over 100 oz per day.

I Refuse to Blow It Challenge:

I am holding at 5 lbs lost since this challenge began.  Still in the "losing" category, and that is all that matters here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have had a challenging week emotionally.  There are a couple of things going on, but the one I want to mention is my best friend.  She has brain cancer.  She has undergone 6 chemotherapy treatments over the last 4 months.  She was preparing for a stem cell transplant later this month, then another tumor was found in her brain.  She now has to do 6 more chemotherapy treatments, and the stem cell transplant is probably not going to happen.  I am very concerned about her, and very sad.  I am trying to spend all the time I can with her.

So drink your water, do your exercise, don't eat the junk.  Try to live a long, healthy life so you can be here for those who love and depend on you.

Onward and Downward!

2 comments:

South Beach Steve said...

While you say you can do better, you met your goals! Great job!

Patrick said...

...drink your water, do your exercise, don't eat the junk.... great advice!

Best wishes to your friend as she continues to battle the beast!