Hello again, Readers,
Halloween is past and I did no damage with the treats. Husband and I split a bag of 94% fat free popcorn and that was the extent of my Halloween binge. I would say I won that little battle.
The wonderful news I have to share with you today is that I have reached a "normal" BMI of 24.9. Also, I have reached 145 lbs, which is at the high end of the ideal weight range for a person of my height, 5 ft, 4 in. You cannot fathom my surprise when I weighed this morning. I did a double take, but did not weigh again. I want to "keep" this and "own" it for awhile.
I feel as if I have reached the finish line, won the trophy AND the gold medal, and best of all, taken a giant leap toward my overall health. And if you've been following me for long, you know for me it's all about the health. The weight loss is a factor, and an important one, but my overall health is the reason I am here with you.
My goal weight when I started this blog was 140. In other words, I wanted to lose 30 lbs. I have lost 25 lbs. I can see that I will not be satisfied at 140 lbs. Especially because I do not want to stay at or near the maximum of my ideal weight range. I want to be more in the middle of the road.
So as of today I am changing my ultimate goal weight to 125. It is just a goal, just a number. I remember when I last weighed 125 and I felt great. That was 20 years ago. When I reach 130 I may be comfortable there and want to stop. Time will tell all this, and I will work it out as I go, but for now, my goal weight is changing to 125 lbs.
125 pounds, people!
Do you think you will be able to endure my whining for 20 more pounds? It could take a very long time. It has taken me almost 7 months to lose the first 25.
Again, if you have been following me, you know this, but this is it:
I want to get off my blood pressure meds.
I want to get my cholesterol down to, hopefully, under 200.
I do not want to develop diabetes.
I want to be able to walk, run, ride a bike, hike, shop, play with the children in my life, chase my dog, and all the physical things I am able to do better, now that I have lost the first 25 lbs.
I want to hear people tell me I look good again, and ask if I have lost weight.
I want to feel good about myself when I look in the mirror.
These are just a few things, but they are major.
I will be updating my challenges to reflect my new goal weight of 125, but I wanted to put it out to my readers first, so I will be held accountable from Day 1. I know this is not going to be easy. It will be the last time I lose the last 20 pounds. I. Will. Not. Gain. It. Back. Period.
Please join me, cheer me on, kick my butt, give me some tough love.
Onward and Downward! Let's go!
8 comments:
Jo, I have been waiting for this post and am so happy to finally see it. Congratulations on this monumental achievement. 25 pounds in seven months may seem slow to you and probably felt eternal, but it is what works and has worked for you. I am so excited for you and love your goal change because I sense they are for all the right reasons as was your original motivation for losing weight in the first place. You go, girl!
You aren't whining. And yes, I am going to stick around. :D
I have no doubt that you are going to reach and maintain your goal. You are laying the foundation to live at your healthy, ideal weight for the rest of your life.
Aaaahhhh, Jo !!!! This is FANTASTIC !! I am so tickled for you, and I know how hard you worked for this. Enjoy!! You've officially left the land of the heavyweights, and I could not be happier for you - health is yours! That is the gold medal, the years you've added back to your life, and the quality improvements that go with that. Well done, Jo, well done!!
xxox
I look forward to following your journey and the inspiration i will get :)
Whine all you want, not that I ever felt you were... but whime away, not going any where. Unless you close your blog. Then I wont be here. But if you keep posting, I'll keep commenting.
Congrats on the normal BMI, awesome!!!
I would say you definitely won that 'little' big battle. Just popcorn WOW. That is amazing 125lbs gone! How long did it take you? I would LOVE to lose that much. My ideal weight is also high end of 145 but just to get out of the 200's would be a miracle. Well done, you are such an inspiration!
@Shanilie - No, Shanilie, please read it again. Not 125 lbs lost, but a goal weight of 125.
Dear Jo!
Congratulations on being at a normal weight! Wow! That is terrific! Something that I cannot even imagine right now. I think resetting your goal weight at 125 is doable ad a good thing. You are a shining example to us all. Your “want to” list is similar to mine. So, you rock! Michele
Post a Comment