Hello Readers,
It's time to update you on the challenges I am participating in:
Hot 100:
1. Keep my daily calories between 1000 and 1300. My average for the past week is 1188 per day. Sweet!
2. Exercise: I will walk/run at least 2 miles, 4 times per week, and do some other form of exercise on the other days. This will be a combination of light weights, squats, pushups, bike riding, gardening, jumping rope, hula hoop, dancing, and pretty much anything that counts as exercise. This was done a total of 5 days. Can be better.
3. Watch food portions, and no seconds, unless they are veggies or fruit. Done.
4. Drink at least 64 oz of water per day. I am drinking over 100 oz per day.
All things considered, it has been a good week for my challenge goals.
Now for the I Refuse To Blow It Challenge:
I am holding at 5 lbs lost so far for this challenge.
I posted about Allan's DDDC yesterday.
So there you have it. It has been a good week, but I could have done better. A lot better. Although my calories were within range, some of my food choices were not up to the standards I have set for myself. In fact, I will tell you that I had a little detour in the lane that led to the homemade Chex Mix. I allowed for it in my daily calories, but it was too much carbs and fat, plain and simple. Now I will admit that I love Chex Mix, it is a comfort food for me, but it is also a trigger food, and difficult to put down. So I measured out 1/2 cup, ate it slowly, and drank a lot of water.
I have to get a grip on how to handle the holiday foods. What I want to do is simply control my portions and not go back for more. I am preparing myself mentally for this already.
How are you planning to conquer the holiday foods? Not only the big sit-down family meals, but the snacks and foods brought to the office the entire month of December?


4 comments:
I think you had a very good week!!
Hey Jo, it looks very good to me. I'd take sticking with my goals as a good result any day. Keep it up and you'll get the brass ring on the merry go round!
What a great week! Good job!
You had a great week!! The calories are what I am envious of. This is still hard for me to come in on the lower side. Good for you on both challenges! Stay strong!
Post a Comment