I have been reading your updates and most of us have had a not-so-great week. My week was nothing to brag about, but here it is:
Weight today: 137. Same as last week.
Weight today: 137. Same as last week.
Waist today: 32.5. Same as last week.
Calories: Average daily calories 1187. My target is 1200 per day. I did have a pity party for me one afternoon, but no real damage was done. Also, there is family drama (is there ever a time when there is no family drama?) and I have been on a little roller coaster emotionally. However, I was still within target for the week.
Today ends two weeks of low-carbing. I committed to two weeks in order to get the holiday sweets and gunk out of my body. I had NO SWEETS during the past two weeks. The only thing resembling sweets was Greek yogurt and my half banana every day. By "no sweets" I mean candy, cake, pastries, cookies, you know...the sugary treats. Since I don't care for fruit, I don't eat very much of it, so it's easy for me to keep the natural sugars low.
Okay, now what am I going to do? I am going to allow potatoes and brown rice back into my life, and a few crackers. I am staying with the "very little bread" part of the low-carb plan. That means, to me, no dinner rolls, 1 piece of bread instead of two for my sandwiches, nothing breaded and fried, very few cereals (oatmeal is okay for me), and very few chips or snack crackers. What is this plan called? It is one I dreamed up for "me." I am allergic to wheat, so it is just what works for "me" for a variety of reasons. I do feel the popcorn calling me today, and hope I will be able to get distracted.
Today ends two weeks of low-carbing. I committed to two weeks in order to get the holiday sweets and gunk out of my body. I had NO SWEETS during the past two weeks. The only thing resembling sweets was Greek yogurt and my half banana every day. By "no sweets" I mean candy, cake, pastries, cookies, you know...the sugary treats. Since I don't care for fruit, I don't eat very much of it, so it's easy for me to keep the natural sugars low.
Okay, now what am I going to do? I am going to allow potatoes and brown rice back into my life, and a few crackers. I am staying with the "very little bread" part of the low-carb plan. That means, to me, no dinner rolls, 1 piece of bread instead of two for my sandwiches, nothing breaded and fried, very few cereals (oatmeal is okay for me), and very few chips or snack crackers. What is this plan called? It is one I dreamed up for "me." I am allergic to wheat, so it is just what works for "me" for a variety of reasons. I do feel the popcorn calling me today, and hope I will be able to get distracted.
Exercise: Same as last week. I walked a mile 5 times this week. This must improve. As I mentioned in my previous post, plans for a 5K in March fell into my lap this week. So I am getting a message that I need to get out there and get ready. I would like to improve my official time to in the 30-something minutes, instead of the 40-somethings. Well, actually anything under 40 would be miraculous for me. And there usually aren't that many in my age group, so just maybe I could be in the top 3 or 4. Maybe...
Hydration: Done with no problem. I have even tried to take in extra because of extra sodium consumed.
Readiing: My book arrived on Tuesday. Transformation Road by Sean Anderson is a very easy read. And it is one most people can relate to. It was not really what I expected. What did I expect? A diary similar to his blog, with the highlights and insights and lightbulb moments of his weight loss journey. It's much more than that, more of an autobiography, but one in which it explains why he is a food addict and the events that led to why he finally was able to lose the weight. It's an intimate story about the mental aspects of deciding to get healthy. I was able to relate to some things, some things were completely foreign to me. It is a great read for someone who has been obese all their life. It is a great read for someone who has merely been overweight for a short time of their life. If you are interested in weight loss, there is something in it for you.
Quote: Right corner, up above.
Buddy: Hey, Angela, I'm reading all your blog posts. You're one busy lady! And thanks for your comments on mine.
Support: I have been around to almost everyone this week. I spend some time reading and commenting every day, but I'm sure there is someone I have missed. I do learn a lot from you, and you give me some ideas on things to try, as in exercise and recipes, and you keep me on track, as well.
Okay, let's turn over another page, put last week behind us, and do even better this week. As every day passes, we get closer to Spring. Yay!
Buddy: Hey, Angela, I'm reading all your blog posts. You're one busy lady! And thanks for your comments on mine.
Support: I have been around to almost everyone this week. I spend some time reading and commenting every day, but I'm sure there is someone I have missed. I do learn a lot from you, and you give me some ideas on things to try, as in exercise and recipes, and you keep me on track, as well.
Okay, let's turn over another page, put last week behind us, and do even better this week. As every day passes, we get closer to Spring. Yay!

6 comments:
You didn't have such a bad week, Jo. Hang in there. You are already close to goal. I know you will get to where you want to be.
What I hear and like in this post is your continual efforts to carve out the perfect "Jo" plan. That's what we all need to do rather than always trying to jump on the latest bandwagon and see someone else being successful and assuming their way is the perfect way for us. It's going to be a little different for everyone and only we as individuals have the power to figure out what our "perfect" plan is.
I second what Betty said, you seem very disciplined and I'm sure you'll see you're loss soon. Very inspiring. I'm looking forward to reading that book, too.
Good start on your 'jumpstart'. Two weeks sweets free. I need to do that again!!!
AND Let me knwo what you think about Seans book. I want to read it!!
Happy Week, Jo!
Dang, winter is dull, isn't it? The whole let down from the holiday sugar high, cold weather and not enough sunlight.
I have my own modified low-carb plan, too! No sweets, no processed junk, very limited bread, no white potatoes, no white rice. Basically, no white food at all. Most of the time I can stick with it. Occasionally french fries call to me and I'll eat them then go for a long bike ride. Or ride the bike over to In-n-out to get them. :)
Have a marvelous rest of the week!
It's persistance that pays, doesn't it!!
Have a good weekend!
Post a Comment